IHG Director, Revenue Strategy in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Commercial & Technology at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who is responsible for driving strategic shifts across all brands in the IHG organization by identifying important consumer future trends and macro-insights. Acting as a magpie for insight both within IHG and the outside world, this role is our future radar. Transforms crucial information into smart action steps for the company. The range of areas of the organization that the role should influence are boundless, but include positioning, advertising/communications, new product development, web site modifications, e-commerce, promotion/campaign development, pricing and brand health tracking. The role will influence these areas through insights work that is best-practice and practical in the application of its findings to the business.
This role also owns our competitor window on the world. A deep understanding of consumer actions and brand positioning of our major competitors, disseminated across the organization to create meaningful decision support.
By creating strong links with innovation, the role makes it possible for IHG to create concepts and services that meet key unmet consumer needs and, therefore, create long term sustainable profit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Directly increase IHG’s business strength by creating the strongest consumer insight programs in the industry.
● Build a vision of the future trends and their implications on IHG
● Explore wide ranging variety of inputs to inform future brand actions and IHG direction
● Build strong links with innovation function to inform territories to explore
● Build strong competitor insight capability
● Encourage successful strategic customer-driven decisions across the Company. Ensure that company management is knowledgeable of competitor/market information and trends that impact the business.
● Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Serve as a high-performing leader and mentor.
Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
12 years-progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position as well as 5 to 7 years managing teams in a high-performance organization as well as significant complex projects. Likely has non-typical experience to inform a broader world view
Technical Skills and Knowledge
● This position unquestionably requires expert levels of academic rigor, creativity, marketing smarts, entrepreneurship, people / presentation skills and vision.
● Expert understanding of insight, trend and research landscapes as well as statistical and mathematical techniques and knowledge.
● Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
● Demonstrated experience in leading and developing people.
● Demonstrated organizational savvy and leadership
● Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information for clients, vendors, and staff as well as communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
● Highly curious, intelligent and wide ranging personality type
Number of employees supervised: Direct 6 Indirect 0
Annual operating and/or payroll budget(s): $1.3 million
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights):
● Define future innovation territories for IHG
● Allocate resource to highest interest and value areas to generate insight for long term strategic advantage
● Responsible for directing the dissemination of collected insight in a manner that facilities appropriate decision making for internal clients.
● Responsible for decision related to choice of external research agencies/contractors for data collection and fieldwork related to completion of desired research projects.
Contacts (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships
Marketing Senior Management.
External Key Relationships
Consultants at various companies (E.g., Shifflet, organizations (e.g., TIA) universities (e.g. GA Tech) and various professional trade organizations (e.g. AMA) to keep current in the discipline.
In addition, external companies that provides marketing services, advertising services, and public relations for key internal clients.
Thought leaders in the space of innovation and future trends
Work typically performed in a normal office environment.
Travel is approximately 15% to 25% annually.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R70174728_