IHG Director, Corporate Planning - Brands/Marketing in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Strategy team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who will provide leadership, support, and analysis to develop a top-down corporate plan for the Brands/Marketing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
• Develop the annual and three-year plan for the Brand & Marketing (B&M) organization which is linked to the top-down corporate plan and includes input from Regions, Commercial teams and B&M (monitoring adjusting throughout the year as required)
• Ensure alignment with regional teams by identifying their targets and capturing their needs as part of the planning process
• Ensure alignment with commercial and support teams by helping the Marketing organization to articulate a prioritized list of Brand needs
• Assist the marketing organization to prioritize potential investment opportunities based on feedback from commercial and support teams
• Create regional and key market versions of the Marketing and Brand plan to deliver against agreed upon targets
• Develop and refresh corporate strategy using analytical frameworks and financial modeling, communicating outputs to stakeholders
• Work with the Marketing organization to document industry intelligence, trend identification and competitor profiling, to inform and influence corporate strategy
• Provide strategic analytical support to the Marketing & Brand organization for ad-hoc analyses
• Conduct scoping, resourcing and mobilization for approved strategic initiatives
Master’s Degree in Business, Strategy, Finance or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
Critical Expertise & Experience:
• 4 years progressive work experience in strategy, consultancy or a corporate environment, with exposure to a broad range of business issues
• Demonstrated planning and project management skills to assess and develop strategic plans based on business needs and assessments
• Demonstrated strategic thinking with a proven ability to analyze markets, performance data, and business issues and draw insight / conclusions using financial modeling / analysis
• Strong interpersonal / communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across business units for collaboration, data requests, and joint analysis
• Annual business planning process for Brands and Marketing team
• Process to sync up needs from Priority Markets with the Marketing team
• Prioritization and communication of brand needs to Commercial & support teams
• Allocation of funds with FP&A and Brand Category leads
• Strategies to maintain long term business health
• Recommend strategic action as a result of any analysis conducted
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R146567