IHG Digital Channel Support Mgr in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Strategy at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can be the one stop shop or hub for driving all strategy, consultation and performance for our business partner teams within the channel. Digital Business Partner Support manager coordinates among stakeholders, product managers for channel, delivery resources, analytics and more. In many instances manage the end to end product lifecycle from idea inception through development and launch, leveraging specialists, operators, and stakeholders along the way. Work with stakeholders to define mutually beneficial product needs via a “roadmap” of initiatives mapped out over a predetermined cycled timeline and consult on ideas generate by partner teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Lead consultation on, development and implementation of product strategy: future state based on deep understanding of how the business works, incorporating customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities as well as the potential “game changing” new functionality and capabilities IHG will require to compete.. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs.
● Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities once implemented.
● Drive new product development – through the writing of sound business requirements based on capabilities which will define the functionality in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products
● Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Hotel Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics/ Operations Research, Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced. .
8 plus years progressive work-related experience, with preferred direct hands on hotel experience including 3 years’ experience in product management, product development, marketing or operations, with demonstrated travel (hospitality) industry experience and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to navigate or provide creative compromise solutions
• Demonstrated deep knowledge and understanding in a specific area of expertise including products.
● Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
● Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
● Demonstrated experience in detailed product development discovery, documentation, and design work.
● Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
● Demonstrated hotel industry knowledge reflecting the entire customer experience lifecycle (reservations – stay – ongoing relationship management).
● Demonstrated knowledge of travel distribution channels (web, CRO, gds, or tpi) and reservations sales “building blocks”.
● Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required
● Demonstrated ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast moving, rapidly evolving marketplace required
● Demonstrated ability to use prototyping or simulation in product creation
● Experience in formal requirements methodologies such as vision, scope, context, use cases, etc. preferred.
● Graduate coursework or degree a plus
In return for
your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and
benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance,
and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique
as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great
start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you
are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure
you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an
equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R70223441_