IHG Manager, HR Shared Services Regional in Alpharetta, Georgia
Manager, HR Shared Services Regional
Job Number R155299
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Americas - United States - Georgia - Alpharetta
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
To lead the HR Shared Services team in the delivery of quality Human Resources services to the business. These services include the provision and support of HR administration systems, reporting, payroll, pensions, healthcare and life insurance and support expatriate services.
To manage the range of outsourced vendors who provide services and ensure that they deliver to agreed time, cost and quality. Work with them to drive value enhancement in all services.
Work with all internal and external customers to identify opportunities to improve existing services through increasing quality and/or reducing costs and to identify new services that can be more effectively and efficiently delivered through the HRSS organization.
Agree service levels for all services with internal customers and external service providers.
Ensure all operations are conducted within IHG Financial Governance policies.
Additional important skills and experience needed for this role –
● Payroll Certification demonstrating strong knowledge of US payroll regulations and processes
● Experience of working with an outsourced Vendor
● Strong process experience and ability to redesign change process – continuous improvement track record
● Health and Welfare benefits and the tax / compliance aspects of processing
● Work with or in HR for a number of years
● Experience of Managing a team
● Ideally knowledge of Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico other countries payroll
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Lead and manage the HR Shared Services team in AMER to deliver services to agreed service levels. Identify the optimal service delivery model for these services, deciding on which to provide from the team (on-shore or off-shore) and which to outsource.
● Work with internal customers to identify opportunities to improve services and implement changes accordingly.
● Working with the AMER HR team, Compensation and Benefits and the Global HR Shared Services team, identify opportunities to migrate services to HRSS from other business areas to deliver improved efficiency and effectiveness.
● Provide and support HR systems for the region ensuring data quality and dependable reporting to meet the needs of the business.
● Provide payroll and benefits administration services to all corporate and reservations staff. Ensure that tax is correctly deducted and declared to government. Manage the transfer of accurate cost and headcount information to the Finance systems.
● Support international payroll services, including dual currency payments, to corporate expatriate staff and General Managers.
● Manage payroll and other vendors to ensure that all services are delivered to agreed costs and Service Level Agreements. Ensure that SLAs are in place with all vendors
● Ensure that all processes meet internal audit standards as well as Sarbanes Oxley standards. Manage all internal and external audit requirements.
● Support expatriate relocation and ongoing administration through destination services vendors, visa management, housing cost management and tax preparation services.
● Manage any relevant payments for schooling, housing or other expatriate benefits as required.
● Manage annual projects including Annual Bonus, Merit, Total Reward Statements and tax year end for each country where services are provided.
● Manage cross-charging of General Manager Payroll and benefit costs to hotel owners.
What we need from you
Required Skills –
● Team leadership and strategy formulation
● Management of Payroll services
● Implementation and Management of HR Information systems
● Vendor Management
● Project and change management
● Bachelors Degree in relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
● A formal qualification in Human Resources, Payroll or Project Management would be an advantage.
● 10 years in Human Resources/HRIS/Financial Accounting/Expatriate Management/Payroll roles.
● At least 3 years experience in a management role
● Experience of working in a multi-country environment or experience of working in several different countries.
● Project Management experience ideally at Programme Manager level.
● Experience of managing an outsource vendor.
Number of employees supervised –
Direct 4 – 10
Key Metrics -
US $520, Million total for all payroll and on cost
17,000 employees supported for HR/payroll
2 payroll supported, possibly more
Decision Rights –
● Determine the service delivery model for services, either in-house or outsourced.
● HR/Payroll data structures and standards for the region
Key Internal Relationships –
● AMER HR Leadership team
● Operations management
● Business Support for all Regional Offices within AMER
● Global HR Shared Services
Key External Relationships –
● Outsource vendors at operational and executive level
● Payroll Tax Authorities
● Work Cover Authority and agents
● Pension Funds
● Insurance bodies
● Medical insurance providers
● Destination services vendors
● Housing agencies
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans