IHG Event Meetings Manager - Crowne Plaza, Westchester in White Plains, New York
Do you see yourself as a Event Meetings Manager ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into scuba diving, chess games or just raising your children, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Crowne Plaza White Plains is a well known landmark hotel in the Westchester, White Plains area. Located in the heart of the downtown district, this hotel enjoys an upscale and affluent clientele. The Crowne Plaza White Plains boasts an excellent local reputation and has served as host for many of Westchester s most prestigious corporate and social clients.
By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our goal of creating great hotels guests love. We currently have a position available for an Event Meetings Manager.
The Sales manager will actively prospect and qualify new business. He/She will also produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate agreements, and/or banquet/catering event orders while they monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. You will arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients and produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility. He/She will attend and represent hotel at trade shows and conventions and/or participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
Establish client base of individuals, organizations, associations, social, and/or corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales efforts to secure business for the hotel to ensure that catering revenue goals are met or exceeded.Actively prospect and qualify new business.
Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines. Confirm in writing to the client and all affected hotel departments all group requirements via sales contract terms, addendums, confirmation of pricing, group resumes, and/or banquet event order. To include assist the client in menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decorations, traffic flow, room set-up, group room blocks and VIP services, etc.
- Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients. Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Check function room set ups prior to guest arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with client s requirements and hotels standards. Ensure deficiencies are corrected by appropriate personnel.
- Welcome group contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and ensure all functions are set up, refreshed, and broken down in compliance with scheduled times and departmental procedures.
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients. Entertain clients in accordance with established company and hotel policies and guidelines.
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
- Participate is Sales Trips Attend andrepresent hotel at trade shows and conventions.
- Follow up with guests regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
Interact with outside contacts:
Guests to ensure their total satisfaction
- Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies, etc. to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups)
-[if !supportLists]->-[endif]->May assist in developing and implement sales actionsplan as assigned. May also participatein the annual budgeting and planning process.
- May assist client in menu planning. May coordinate food, beverage, table arrangements and decorations with Banquet Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements include some College plus 1-2 years sales or marketing related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience and a related degree is preferred. Prior hotel sales experience is also preferred.
You must be able to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc. and may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Location: NY-White Plains
Requisition ID: R129459