IHG Room Service Manager - InterContinental The Wharf in Washington, District Of Columbia
Do you see yourself as a Room Service Manager InterContinental The Wharf ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into hocky, painting or ballroom dancing, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will manage all aspects the hotel’s room service functions. Ensure compliance with standards of service and operating procedures. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create innovative programs and promotions to market special in-room menu items and increase sales. Assist in the development and implementation of new room service menus and/or menu changes, and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage in-room dining programs.
• Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability with the room service department. Assist in preparation of the annual operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the food and beverage department.
• Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of room service inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs. Participate in taking inventories as required.
• Supervise the activities of shifts of room service staff. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Kitchen, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
• Establish and maintain procedures for the ordering and delivery of room service menu items to guest rooms and for retrieving trays from guest rooms and corridors. Respond in a prompt and professional manner to guest requests and complaints. Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained, and certified if applicable, and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Ensure that all room service equipment (trays, carts, serving vessels, etc.) is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all room service stations and areas are cleaned, mopped, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
• May serve as Manager on Duty
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervises service employees such as wait staff, order takers/cashiers, and buspersons in a high volume room service department of a large, full- service, luxury, or resort hotel with a large number of VIP and key guests.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of restaurant management experience in a full service outlet or similar setting. Hospitality Management Degree or some college preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Moving about the outlet(s)
• Handling objects, products
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, ordering, interpreting results, and giving and receiving instructions.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R194694WASHC0