IHG Restaruant Manager - InterContinental The Wharf in Washington, District Of Columbia
Do you see yourself as a Restaurant Manager for our InterContinental The Wharf property?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will manage all aspects of one or more full-service food and beverage outlet(s) on a daily basis and coordinate special events. Ensure compliance with standards of service and operating procedures. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability within all areas of the food and beverage outlet(s). Assist in preparation of the annual operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the food and beverage outlet(s).
• Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of restaurant inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs. Participate in taking inventories.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained and certified if applicable and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
• Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Create innovative programs and promotions to market special menu items, increase sales, and increase guest patronage. Assist in the development and implementation of new menus and local food and beverage marketing programs, and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs.
• Monitor performance of the restaurant through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Initiate corrective action as needed.
• Supervise day-to-day activities of one or more food and/or beverage outlets. Plan and organize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all restaurant equipment (coffee and soda machines, registers, etc.) is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all restaurant facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
• Work closely with Executive Chef to identify pertinent concepts and menu design for the outlet(s). Conduct meetings to inform staff of special promotions, daily specials, and additional information.
• May serve as Manager on Duty
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervises a number of service employees such as wait staff, buspersons, cashier/greeters, in one or more food and/or beverage outlet(s) in a large, full- service, luxury, or resort hotel.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1-2 years restaurant management experience in a full service outlet or similar setting. Hospitality Management Degree or some college preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Moving about the outlet(s)
• Handling objects, products
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, ordering, interpreting results, and giving and receiving instructions.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R193541WASHC0