IHG Reservations Manager - InterContinental The Wharf in Washington, District Of Columbia
Do you see yourself as a Reservations Manager for our InterContinental The Wharf property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will manage the guest reservations function including but not limited to advanced room reservations and group coordination service to ensure prompt service, productivity, and maximize hotel profitability.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
• Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
• Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
• Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in managing hotel revenue generation and maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
• Assist in the monitoring of competitors, dynamics of local market, demand generators, and contribute to the hotel pricing and market mix strategy.
• Manage the daily activities of the reservations staff. Schedule and assign work.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests, visitors – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Other contacts as needed (other hotels, travel and tour representatives, professional organizations, community groups)
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Monitor group reservation activity daily and communicate status with sales department. Follow up on tentative sales bookings with respective sales staff to update status. Communicate fluctuations in room occupancy to operations so that appropriate staffing adjustments and efficiencies are maintained.
• Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Complete records and reports in regard to room availability and guest room commitments; forecast weekly occupancy and rate.
• Maintain historical records of reservations arrivals, cancellations and denials to assist in formulating future reservations estimates.
• May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned including assisting Reservation Agents in their job functions during peak periods.
This is the top reservations job in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services. Typically supervise reservations agents and may oversee subordinate supervisors. This job does not have accountability for the Revenue Management function.
High School or equivalent and two years reservations/front office experience including management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up or moving around the facility
• Use a keyboard to operate reservations system, etc.
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 10 pounds
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, clients and employees.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R191630WASHC0