IHG Guest Relations Manager - InterContinental The Wharf in Washington, District Of Columbia
Do you see yourself as a Guest Relations Manager - InterContinental The Wharf ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will develop and implement programs and processes that deliver un-paralleled service and value for the hotel’s VIP and special key guests.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Control labor costs and expenses within departmental budget. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
• Monitor performance and recommend/initiate disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert the General Manager of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Front Office, Reservations, Accounting, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
• Respond quickly to guest requests and complaints. Establish and implement appropriate programs and service recovery guidelines that ensure the ultimate in guest experience and comfort.
• Ensure that rooms are blocked for VIP guests according to past history, rate, or preference. Verify Ambassador and Priority Club status for arriving guests. Check VIP rooms for final arrival. Meet and greet all VIP’s upon arrival and departure.
• Manage day-to-day activities of the Guest Relations Service Center. Schedule employees and assign work to ensure proper coverage. Develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures. Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
• Create a check-in/check-out environment and hotel experience for VIP and special key guests that distinguishes our brand from the competition and delivers superior service and value.
• Develop and maintain procedures for monitoring calls to ensure that all calls are answered and recorded according to established scripts and procedures. Coordinate the dispatch of amenities, services, and/or work orders to the appropriate departments and staff. Ensure that all methods of tracking (i.e. systems) are monitored and activated in an appropriate manner.
• May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
This is the top guest relations job in large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotels with an extensive range of facilities and services whose focus is providing service and value to a significant number of Priority Club accounts, and a large number of VIP and special key guests. Typically supervises two or more Guest Relations Representatives.
Some college and three years Front Office/Guest Service experience at a hotel of similar size and complexity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling objects, products
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R191647WASHC0