IHG Executive Steward in Washington, District Of Columbia
Do you see yourself as an Executive Steward for our InterContinental The Wharf property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, mountain climing, or reading, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will supervise day-to-day operation of stewarding department. Responsible for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production service areas. Control storeroom orders and issue all china, silver and glass. Ensure all food and beverage outlets have sufficient equipment to perform adequately.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Control and analyze cost, breakage and quality of support provided to outlets, banquets and other areas. Monitor condition and cleanliness of equipment.
• Control expenses in accordance with established budget. Participation in the preparation of the annual stewarding operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the Food & Beverage Department. Maintain procedures for security of inventory.
• Supervise day-to-day operations and assignments of the stewarding staff, communicate objectives and expectations, and assign/schedule work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
• Recommend and initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources - related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
• May interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Suppliers – regarding orders and invoices
• Educate employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets. Schedule preventative maintenance and repairs as needed. Ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
• Manage the stewarding function in all kitchen areas to promote overall cleanliness, sanitation and compliance with state and local health regulations. Stewarding functions include setting up work stations, cleanliness and storage of dishes, filling dish machines, ensuring correct chemical levels, maintaining efficient traffic patterns in kitchen, etc.
• Determine the minimum and maximum stocks and control the par stocks of all materials and equipment. Liaise with the Purchasing Department and suppliers regarding purchasing needs for the stewarding operation.
• Conduct daily briefings as needed to obtain optimal results.
• May conduct inventories as needed.
• May assist with other duties as needed which may include but is not limited to providing assistance with food dish-up, completing set-up sheets, etc.
Supervises a large number of stewarding employees in a large full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage outlets, and banquet operations catering to more than 500 people. May oversee subordinate managers or supervisors.
High school diploma or equivalent and two years experience in stewarding, kitchen maintenance, kitchen operations or similar, with at least one year in a supervisory capacity. Knowledge of food and beverage service operation preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Standing up and moving about the kitchen
• Handling food, objects, products and utensils
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized when assisting in the scheduling of the stewarding staff, or when monitoring inventory.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R191797WASHC0