IHG Chief Concierge - InterContinental The Wharf in Washington, District Of Columbia
Do you see yourself as a Chief Concierge for our InterContinental The Wharf property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This role leads the coordination of any guests' needs, special requests, and inquiries to ensure superior service and value for our guests.
This exciting role will lead the coordination of any guests’ needs, special requests, and inquiries to ensure superior service and value for our guests.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collect and provide comprehensive information and coordinate guest requests regarding hotel services, sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theater, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours and any other information of interest. Handle reservations and obtain/issue tickets where applicable.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Be aware and prepare for all in-house group meetings and VIP arrivals.
• Provide guest assistance with florists, couriers, mail services, rental of small business machines, international calls, etc.
• Respond appropriately guest concerns or complaints in a timely manner. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
• Lead the day-to-day activities of the concierge desk. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Assist with training of all concierge staff.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained including service expectations, hotel facilities and services, local directions, safety procedures, etc. and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned such as assisting the bell stand, providing luggage and assistance, and ensuring the lobby and concierge area’s appearance reflect highly on the hotel and company.
High School diploma or equivalent plus at least two year experience as a concierge or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some College and knowledge of locale preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages desirable.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Handling objects such as phone, computer keyboard.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and third parties.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Reading, writing, and math abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, recording guest requests, and computing estimates for events or activities.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R193817WASHC0