IHG Banquet Captain - InterContinental The Wharf in Washington, District Of Columbia
Do you see yourself as a Banquet Captain for our InterContinental The Wharf property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This challenging position has overall responsibility for leading the set-up and break-down and/or service and clean up, of banquet functions during assigned shift.
This exciting role will lead the set-up and break-down, and/or service and clean up, of banquet functions during assigned shift.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of banquet inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) check storage areas for proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness, and (4) to minimize misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen, and supplies and to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
• Work closely with Kitchen Staff to communicate speed of service, client numbers, and special requests.
• Set up, serve and/or break down of banquet functions. Assign work and monitor the performance of scheduled banquet staff. Provide training and corrective instructions. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Greet guests upon arrival. Respond to guest requests and/or complaints in a prompt and professional manner. May review guest check with client after function and obtain signature.
• Participate in pre-function meeting and review all information pertinent to service and set up of group.
• Inspect scheduled function areas/rooms, table set-ups, bar set-ups, buffet tables, receptions and coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and proper layout.
• May handle incoming/outgoing boxes and exhibit materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic reading, writing and math skills and one year experience in banquet service or set-up.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, bus tubs)
• Moving about the function areas
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and leading others.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often with banquet event orders, guest checks, and giving and receiving instructions.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• Basic math skills are utilized in the proper set-up of function space and/or communication of guest checks.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190262WASHC0