IHG Assistant Front Office Manager - InterContinental The Wharf in Washington, District Of Columbia
Do you see yourself as an Assistant Front Office Manager for our InterContinental The Wharf property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will assist in managing all aspects of the front office areas which may include but is not limited to guest registration, bell services, concierge services, business center, telephone services, and guest reservations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability. Adhere to all brand standards and desk merchandising. Serve as Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in monitoring and controlling labor costs and expenses, and achieving revenue and profitability goals.
• Assist in maintaining procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
• Assist in managing the day-to-day activities of the Front Office staff. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and emergency matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
• Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Assist in creating and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies.
• Train appropriate staff on procedures for PBX to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations.
• May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned including assisting staff with their job functions during peak periods.
This job is the second in command in Front Office operations in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services. Typically supervises front desk agents, and/or bell-persons, doorpersons, reservationists, concierge representatives, PBX, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration or related field plus two years front office/guest services experience including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling various objects
• Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R193502WASHC0