IHG Administrative Assistant Catering - InterContinental The Wharf in Washington, District Of Columbia
Do you see yourself as an Administrative Assistant - Catering?
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. Join us and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
This exciting role will perform a variety of administrative duties for general managers and/or staff of an assigned department or hotel function.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify and assist in planning for the purchasing of supplies, equipment, facilities and services necessary to maintain an efficient office.
• May monitor and report variances to departmental budgets or track departmental spend information to help maintain operating controls.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
• Serve as the first point of contact for callers and visitors contacting the office/department. Respond to inquires and provide information in a prompt and professional manner and according to established procedures. Refer persons to appropriate staff members for further assistance or information.
• Prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, and/or presentations which may include:
o Gathering and summarizing information from various sources
o Analysis and summary of data
o Creating spreadsheets, charts, and/or graphics
o Entering, retrieving and/or manipulating data within software programs or databases
• Organize and expedite flow of work; follow-up on pending matters; communicate and interpret instructions; and communicate information to staff or clients in manager’s absence. Maintain manager's appointment calendar and complete and submit expense reports; coordinate telephone/conference calls and incoming mail; set up and maintain filing systems, etc. Maintain an organized, clean, and professional work area
• Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps and status updates; follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent plus one year of office clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Use a keyboard to generate documents, correspondence, reports, presentations, etc. mostly while sitting.
• Handling objects, products and computer equipment/keyboard
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to type at least 45 WPM.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling correspondence or performing other administrative functions.
• Basic mathematical skills are used frequently.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits
package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life
insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are
available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most
importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and
tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females /
Disabilities / Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R191776WASHC2