IHG Sr. Consultant Training in United States
Recommend a friend - Band 6 USD
Do you see yourself as the Senior Training Consultant for the Americas Talent Development & Learning team?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is
centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s
Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro
Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the
complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby
Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during
business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal
conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness
center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has
something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive
venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional
sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues
including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The
Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Deliver training programs/applications, curricula and corresponding materials and programs for IHG employees and hotels. Identify assigned regional/area training needs and develop plan to meet area needs. Collaborate with T&D team members and key clients as an SME (subject matter expert) in the development and evaluation of training programs and identification of future content needs. Role primarily involves training delivery, regional training management, SME activities, needs assessment, and evaluation/measurement of learning solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Deliver training programs/applications, curricula, assessment tools and corresponding materials for IHG end users. Ensure that all course curricula and educational materials are current and of acceptable quality.
● Identify regional/territory training needs, develop/assimilate strategies and plans to meet area training needs, organize necessary training resources, and execute on training plan for assigned region/area. Collect and use end user and subject matter expert feedback to deliver customized training programs and tools.
● Workshop Design: Contribute in role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) in range of training projects and initiatives. Subject matter expertise varies based on assigned projects, in areas including HOLIDEX Plus, PERFORM, Opera/PMS, and Revenue Management orHeartBeat, Quality Processes, existing Maintenance and Housekeeping requirements, and best practices and general hotel operational insight. Each Sr. Trainer is assigned ownership of a content area for training, acting as SME in assigned content area and maintaining ongoing list of necessary revisions and updates based on content trends and changes.
● Analyze client performance data and metrics and use to provide input for creation of training programs, tools, and regional training plans. Identify training needs for programs and tools that support performance initiatives and strategic objectives. Understand the results that stakeholders desire from various processes and provide insight into how efficiently and effectively those results can be achieved.
● Perform front-end analysis by comparing actual and ideal performance levels in the workplace. Identify opportunities and strategies for improving performance.
● Measure/evaluate the success of implemented learning solutions.
● Provide follow-up support and coaching to workshop attendees.
● Work with Manager of Centralized Training to assess and coach internal presenters/adjunct trainers/ SME on content and delivery of all corporate and hotel training programs.
● Serve as a training liaison with Key Accounts/ Management Companies within assigned region/area.
Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management,
Education, HR/Training, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent
combination of education and work related experience.
GTC Certification; GTC Master Trainer
4 to 7 year’s hotel training experience
with a minimum of three years delivering and/or developing related programs in
a multi-unit environment.
TechnicalSkills & Knowledge:
comprehensive understanding of the business processes and functions of the
departments supported for the purpose of delivering effective training
strong facilitation/training delivery skills, knowledge of training principles,
and understanding of learning styles required.
● Demonstrated effective verbal and written
communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients,
vendors and/or staff. Must be able to
work effectively with senior managers, possess strong relationship management
skills, and well-developed negotiating and persuading abilities.
ability to develop and conduct performance analysis on all levels. Ability to use existing or new technology and
different types of software and hardware, and to understand performance support
systems and apply them as appropriate.
● Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of hotel
● Strong organizational and project
● Demonstrated knowledge of hotel operations
and hotel systems, including HOLIDEX Plus System, PERFORM System, Opera PMS
System, HeartBeat, MQSA, PIP and of existing Housekeeping and Maintenance
programs and revenue management principles and practices for the purpose of
providing training and consultation to hotel management and staff and acting as
SME in a specialty area.
● Demonstrated understanding of IHG
initiatives and priorities
knowledge of Saba Meeting – Delivery and Development
Strong ability to build ownership or
support for change among affected individuals, groups, and other
Must have the legalright to work in this country
Relocation support isNOT provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R131703