IHG Manager, New Hotel Openings in United States
Recommend a friend - Band 6 USD
Do you see yourself as the New Hotel Opening Manager ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sailing, shopping or karate, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas Regional Corporate Office located in Atlanta, GA offers a select group of corporate positions to be remotely home-based throughout the Americas region. This position is deemed a corporate remote role in order to function more effectively regarding the department’s objectives and goals as it relates to assigned IHG branded hotels or specific geographic territories. The preferred locations for this position are Salt Lake City, UT or Sacramento, CA or Seattle, WA .
Act as the focal project manager for all activities related to future hotel openings. Possess project management skills and techniques that will deliver against those activities meeting the new hotel opening process based on key dates. Through in-depth consultation by phone and on site visits build key relationships with franchisees while executing components necessary for the opening of the hotel. Consulting emphasis will be placed on revenue and sales generation, construction of the hotel and life safety along with framing the components of the HOST critical path that provides a faster ramp up for the hotel. In conjunction with the HOST Support, continuously update the OnBoarding program to incorporate all the company’s current legal requirements, initiatives and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Act as the primary liaison between the Franchisee/General Manager and all related internal personnel (i.e. HOST Program and Support teams, Franchise Sales, Field Services, Property Improvement Consultants, Quality Consultants, Sales Development Regional Directors, IT, HSS, etc.) to ensure a consistent line of communication during the opening process. Provide phone consultation throughout the New Hotel Opening Process, answering questions and coordinating details or relaying information as needed.
● Develop and execute procedures for New Hotel Opening date parameters for all new hotels. Provide details necessary to the tracking system for critical task list activities to include but not limited to all visits and actions outlined in the critical path. The tracking systems would also maintain information on opening statuses and ensure all paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely manner. Generate and analyze weekly/monthly reports to assess HOST activities and the areas of opportunity, concern, etc. Monitor, identify, and implement needed changes to existing tactical and strategic New Hotel Opening plans.
● In conjunction with HOST Support team and field staff, review, and/or enhance On Boarding training programs on a regular basis to ensure training needs are accurately addressed, and incorporate current company legal requirements, goals, and initiatives.
● Develop and maintain multi-faceted consulting models and corresponding tools to ultimately drive occupancy for new hotels and hotels under-performing in occupancy
● Consult with key managerial groups and applicable personnel (Principal Correspondents, General Managers, and Directors of Sales) to identify barriers to success, and paths to recovery. Maintain solid client relationships with Principal Correspondents and with managers at each assigned hotel.
● Consult with hotels joining the Company hotel system, emphasizing the importance of pre-sales and marketing activities in order to drive occupancy in the first year of the hotel.
● Provide consultation regarding the participation and implementation of key initiatives to maximize customer service and revenue management.
● Coach hotel management staff to use tools, resources and skills in such a way that positively affects revenue and is easily transferred to line-level staff.
● Prepare and submit recaps of consulting visits to hotel ownership and management. Make information available to internal key stakeholders including FPS management staff, FPS field staff, and the Revenue Management staff.
● Monitor and identify needed changes to existing tactical and strategic plans for the hotels.
Competitive salary plus bonus potential
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Hotel Management or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. CHA (Certified Hotel Administrator) required.
5 to 7 years progressive work-related experience in the hotel industry, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
● Demonstrated experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation in a hotel environment. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with effective follow-through and attention to detail.
● Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Must be able to work effectively with GMs and Principal Correspondents in assigned hotels, and possess strong relationship development/management skills. Conflict management/resolution and negotiation/persuasion skills critical.
● Demonstrated knowledge of training principles and procedures. Demonstrated experience in the preparation, implementation and delivery of training programs.
● Proficiency in PMS and HOLIDEX required.
● Demonstrated experience in coaching and training employees required.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R130570