IHG Key Account Director - Corporate Sales in United States
Recommend a friend – Band 6
Do you see yourself as the Key Account Director – Corporate Sales?
What's your passion? Whether you're into bowling, yoga or attending dog shows, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas Regional Corporate Office located in Atlanta, GA offers a select group of corporate positions to be remotely home-based throughout the Americas region. This position is deemed a corporate remote role in order to function more effectively regarding the department’s objectives and goals as it relates to assigned IHG branded hotels or specific geographic territories.
This exciting role is primarily responsible for an account portfolio to maximize and drive revenues and market share to IHG brands. Key to this role is creating, evolving, and driving relationships and networks with the accounts in their portfolio and to assess and evolve strategies as necessary to increase conversion and revenues. The Key Account Director assists the Director of Regional Sales in animating and developing the sales teams. This role requires the building of a working culture to support the IHG Winning Ways of Doing the Right Thing, Show We Care, Aim Higher, Celebrate Difference and Work Better Together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
• Manage and develop portfolio of accounts to maximize market share and revenues;
o Assess accounts and their opportunities, as a result create account plans as per the IHG template and execute strategies and tactics to drive revenue and market share
o Network within the accounts to find those key decision makers, their support staff and other relationship opportunities
o Conduct or participate in client meetings as well as plan and coordinate familiarization tours and site inspections
o Handle and manage clients’ queries or issues
o Gather information on current and prospective clients / contacts to generate incremental business
o Conduct or participate in prospective clients’ interviews
o Keep an accurate record of all sales calls made for future reference and control purposes in the sales system
• Ensure accurate Account Profiles and Account planning are undertaken at least annually with such templates completed and posted to appropriate communication channels and sales systems, i.e. complete annual SSRP’s as set out by InterContinental Hotels & Resorts regional sales policy
• Work with the appropriate Hotels to ensure clear communication of expectations and goals. For each account as appropriate develop a network of support at key hotels ensuring close working relationships with hotel management and sales staff
• Ensure accurate and timely updating of the provided Sales System (i.e. Delphi)
o Ensure tracking of all relevant activities
o Update Account and Contact profiles, attach Account plans, ensure ‘live’ information for action
• Use both account interaction and publicly available tools to monitor competitors' activities as it relates to both IHG and the portfolio of accounts and share relevant information with key stakeholders in line with the IHG counsel
• Other duties and responsibilities
o Negotiate and complete RFP’s and tenders
o Maintain effective control of sales expenses
o Attends meetings as required
o Exercises flexibility to perform other duties as required
o Assist with familiarizations and entertaining as required
o Act as a resource for all on property hotel staff
o Provides feedback to management on changing market conditions, including trends in competition.
o Be proactive and responsible for the follow up on new sales leads
o Include hotel General Managers and sales staff where appropriate on sales call
o Develop a thorough understanding of all processes and system’s utilized by
• Property/Cluster/National Sales, as directed by the Regional Director of Sales, to include but not restricted to Delphi, I-Know Reporting, Ezy-Message, Meeting Broker, I-RFP and Sales Source
Competitive salary plus bonus potential
Degree in Marketing, Business, or Hospitality Management desired.
Minimum 3 years of sales experience preferably with one year in a multi-unit capacity. Experience in dealing with international and regional clients and promoting multi hotel brand and destinations would be preferred. Active membership of Organizations such as MPI; SAMA; SEC would be an advantage.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
• In-depth knowledge of sales principles and techniques
• Strong client management, problem solving and organization skills
• Effective communication and negotiation skills
• Strong knowledge of IHG products, rates, and marketing programs
• Good PC/MS Office skills – knowledge of Delphi is advantageous
• Ability to develop strong relationships with customers’ senior management
• Flexible working approach
• Confidence in representing multiple properties and working remote from team members and line manager
• Display an understanding of market trends and customer needs
• Competent in allocating resources, controlling expenses and working within pre-determined budgets
• Establishes goals and objectives, sets performance targets and timely delivery of projects
• Ability in report writing and strong presentation skills
This position requires extensive travel, up to 40%, as needed to accomplish business objectives.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is NOT provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R134795