IHG Manager, Revenue Management Portfolio – Canada in Canada
Do you see yourself as the Manager, Revenue Management Portfolio – Canada ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas Regional Corporate Office located in Atlanta, GA offers a select group of corporate positions to be remotely home-based throughout the Americas region. This position is deemed a corporate remote role in order to function more effectively regarding the department’s objectives and goals as it relates to assigned IHG branded hotels or specific geographic territories. The preferred locations for this position is: Ontario, Canada .
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Train company-managed hotels (CMH) or franchised hotels to fully utilize available tools and systems to maximize revenues. Consult with assigned hotels in the development and management of revenue/yield strategies encompassing all facets of pricing, demand analysis, yield management, market segmentation, business mix, selling strategies and tactics in accordance with worldwide best practices. Facilitate the successful implementation of revenue management strategies throughout the region/brand and from the region/brand to corporate staff. Operate in a matrix management environment to support the overall goals of other departments, with a focus on increasing revenues and RGI (revenue growth index) position. May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Train and support hotels on revenue maximization through the full utilization of the Company’s systems and best practices, in accordance with Global Brand Service/Revenue Management specifications, including HOLIDEX Plus, HIRO, GDS (Global Distribution System) interfaces, E-commerce interfaces, property management systems, etc.
● Work individually with hotels in area of assignment to implement brand and regional pricing strategies, yield strategies, selling strategies and revenue management best practices. Investigate and communicate new ways to capture optimal revenue potentials. Provide feedback to Global Brand Services/Revenue Management to ensure hotel needs and revenue-generating improvements are incorporated into system enhancements or best practices.
● Consult with key managerial groups and applicable personnel (i.e. Franchisees, Principal Correspondents, General Managers, Hotel Revenue Managers, CMH Operations Teams, etc.) to identify hotel issues/concerns in regards to revenue improvement plans. Monitor, identify and persuasively communicate needed changes to existing tactical and strategic plans to optimize revenue potential and RGI position.
● Audit key/assigned hotel strategies and tactics to ensure revenue maximization is realized, best practices are utilized, marketing program compliance is enforced and appropriate channel distribution is realized. Mentor hotel management staff to excel in these areas.
● Develop and/or deliver training programs to support revenue management objectives and strategies as needed.
● Act as Franchise liason and serve as department expert with regards to analysis, reporting, types of data, frequency of update, and potential gaps.
● Continuously revise and challenge validity, reliability, and longetivity of models as they relate to data sources, brands, and regions.
● Provide support and liaise to respective stakeholders including Regional VP, DLP (Digital, Loyalty & Partner), Pricing Group, GRS (Global Reservation System), AMER Group, Franchise Support etc.
Competitive salary plus bonus potential
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Hotel Management, Business, Statistics, Marketing, Finance or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
8 years progressive work-related experience in hotel operations management, revenue management or consulting, with at least 3 years experience with central reservations systems and revenue management systems, (preferably HOLIDEX Plus and HIRO), which included knowledge and experience in hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
● Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated effective conflict management/resolution and negotiation/persuasion skills to persuade GM’s, Principal Correspondents and other hotel representatives to modify or implement various corporate-sponsored programs and initiatives.
● Demonstrated experience with industry and market trends as they relate to revenue opportunities, and demonstrated ability to drive revenue.
● Demonstrated knowledge of effective hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies, and ability to determine which concepts to apply in given market conditions.
● Demonstrated experience in industry training, including preparation, implementation and delivery of training programs.
● Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
● Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
You must meet the legal requirements to work in Canada.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R132472