IHG Personal Assistant to the Area General Manager in St Julians, Malta
Do you see yourself as a Personal Assistant to the Area General Manager?
When you re a part of IHG, you re more than your job title. And that s what we love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. Join us and we won t expect you to conform to any stereotype because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
InterContinental Malta has distinguished itself as the Mediterranean s leading hotel of distinction, exemplifying elegance and modern hospitality, while defining the essence of new luxury In Malta. All 481 rooms including 30 Highline Suites, are superbly furnished and its facilities include 6 restaurants, 6 bars, Club Intercontinental Lounge, 3 swimming pools, spa & fitness centre, a private beach club and extensive conference and banqueting facilities.
With a dynamic team and innovative service culture, we will offer our guests an authentic and enriching experience in the heart of the Mediterranean. In order to help us deliver our vision of providing our guests with the 'in-the-know' experiences, we are actively recruiting to complete a team of brilliant service-oriented individuals with a genuine passion in the hotel industry.
With a dynamic team and innovative service culture, we will offer our guests an authentic and enriching experience in the heart of the Mediterranean.
In order to help us deliver our vision of providing our guests with the 'in-the-know' experiences, we are actively recruiting to complete a team of brilliant service-oriented individuals with a genuine passion in the hotel industry.
We are currently recruiting a Personal Assistant to the Area General Manager
As Personal Assistant to the Area General Manager, you will support the General Manager in the Executive Office with all administrative and organizational activities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Filtering, monitoring and responding to correspondence addressed to the executive office
- Answering calls and liaising with clients
- Preparing correspondence on behalf of the general manager
- Diary management
- Planning and organizing meetings, to include the preparation of meeting rooms
- Organizing travel and other related preparation
- Taking minutes during meetings
- Planning and organizing events
- Preparing presentations and various reports as deemed necessary by the general manager
- Managing and reviewing filing and office systems
- Sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment
- Follow-through instructions or directives cascaded down to the Heads of Departments by the General Manager.
The PA will be the first point of contact with clients, internal staff and other business contacts. The Personal Assistance will be privy and have access to all the company s confidential matters hence the role demands a candidate with high levels of integrity.
- Minimum of three years in a similar role
- Candidates with previous experience in a hotel environment will be given preference.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including a range of software packages and comprehensive capabilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- The ability to work at his/her own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle between a range of tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong administrative and personal assistant skills with an ability to work well in a fast paced environment, an effective planner with proven time management skills is necessary; attention to detail, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility with great team liaison skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work within the EU to apply for this position.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include, healthcare support, hotel discounts worldwide as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we ll make sure you ll have room to be yourself. What s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
Job: PA / Executive Assistant
Location: Malta-St Julians
Requisition ID: STJ000148