IHG Director of Conference & Banqueting Sales in St Julians, Malta
Do you see yourself as a Director of Conference & Banqueting Sales?
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. Join us and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
Centrally located, InterContinental Malta, redefines the meaning of elegance with its contemporary design, style and modern ambience. All 481 rooms are superbly furnished and its extensive facilities include 7 restaurants, 3 bars, Club InterContinental Lounge, an outdoor 47-meter panoramic lagoon styled swimming pool, a heated indoor pool, Fitness Centre, Beauty Salon, 23 meeting rooms and a 24 hour Business Centre. The InterContinental Beach Club is an extension to the hotel’s facilities, located only 143 meters away.
Holiday Inn Express Malta situated adjacent to InterContinental Malta is planned to open in the second quarter of 2017 with 120 latest generation guest rooms and facilities.
With a dynamic team and innovative service culture, we will offer our guests an authentic and enriching experience in the heart of the Mediterranean.
In order to help us deliver our vision of providing our guests with the 'in-the-know' experiences, we are actively recruiting to complete a team of brilliant service-oriented individuals with a genuine passion in the hotel industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Conference & Banqueting Sales
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Director of Conference & Banqueting Sales oversees all functions of the Conference/Conventions Services Department. Ensure that all conferences, meetings and group activities are coordinated and managed within client expectations. Upsell client events and manage function space and room block inventory to maximize hotel profit. Ensure hotel and client fulfill group contractual commitments.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong history in the hospitality sector with a proven successful track of leading large teams. Previous roles would have been (not limited to):
Hotel Events Manager/Supervisor
Congress Centre Manager
Hotel Group Sales Manager
Director of Sales for large resort with meeting space or city hotels
Candidates with no previous experience in the hospitality/hotel industry will not be considered for this role.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist in completing forecasts, plans, and productivity reports for management.
· Plan and conduct GRC, Event and BEO Meetings with convention and catering staff. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and upsell products and services while minimizing waste to increase revenue. Communicate results to the team and keep them updated on departmental targets
· Communicate Group Dashboard results on a monthly bases and fine tune strategy
· Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
· Assist with proposals when needed and take ownership for TOP Bookings.
· Direct day-to-day conference/convention activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Lead the entire performance review process from self-evaluation staged to one to one discussions
· Educate and train team members in compliance with brand and service standards, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Ensure appropriate staffing levels based on guest volume. Interact with outside contacts: Guests, Vendors, and other contacts as needed.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
· Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
· Conduct banquet and catering facility tours and entertain clients to enhance the guest’s meeting/banquet experience.
· For business with significant financial impact:
a. Assist clients with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
b. Arrange all details of meetings and conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audio-visual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, and VIP services.
c. Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meetings with clients and catering staff to determine potential enhancements to the guest experience.
· Monitor MSS and BDRC results, create action plan for lower scored items.
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
· Coordinate safety and security initiatives to ensure meetings flow smoothly with minimal interruptions or problems. Coach and advice clients on meeting options and alternatives that potentially reduce waste, save energy and have a minimal impact on the environment.
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate will have a relevant bachelors' degree and a minimum of 3 years post graduate work experience in the field, ideally with an international hotel brand, as well as experience leading a team of others. Your excellent communication skills, a strong drive for results, coupled with the ability to think ahead and confidently lead and develop yourself and colleagues will see you succeed in this role. Knowledge of Opera and Delphi are highly regarded.
What Do You Get?
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including hotel discounts worldwide as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Location: Malta-St Julians
Requisition ID: STJ000155