IHG Assistant Manager, Regional Applications in Singapore City, Singapore
Recommend a Friend: SGD Band 6
What's your passion? Whetheryou're into jogging, reading or sky-diving, at IHG we're interested inYOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobsas they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
At the moment we're lookingfor an Assistant Manager, Regional Applicationsto join our funand energetic team at Singapore Corporate Office.
Responsible for regional applications administration coveringinstallations, upgrades, patching data migrations, interoperability, singlesign-on, security, load-balancing, and any other product related issues.Oversees third party application deployment, deployment automation, anddelivery architecture and orchestration. Responsible for documentation of allregional application environment for support, source code repository, ActiveVendor List, Software License/Contract Expiry License, ApplicationInfrastructure outstanding issue list, Connectivity Diagram - Web, Application,and Database Servers, Server Start-up and Shutdown runbook and App LogManagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (KeY Activities)
- Collaborates and communicates effectivelywith other Information Technology areas for implementation, design,integration, diagnosis and resolution of complex system projects, problems andissues.
- Serves as liaison to business stakeholdersand Information Technology personnel as required.
- Monitors and optimizes applicationperformance based on industry standards.
- Researches and recommends solutions for theregional application environment that align with IHG strategic goals.
- Recommends, initiates and implementsimprovements to IT operations and processes. Contributes constructivesuggestions for change or improvement in other areas.
- Leads in the architecture design for regionalrequests.
- Prepares regular status reports which mayinclude weekly, monthly, annual and special project status reporting.
- Works with the global Enterprise Architectureteam on architecture diagrams for regional application s development
- Provide technical support on clustering,caching, messaging, and transactions to support enterprise Microsoftapplication deployments in Microsoft Application Server environments and Javaapplications deployments in Java Application Server environments, to ensureminimal downtime, preventing loss of productivity and service.
- Assist in project management and vendormanagement, to ensure the successful launch of the system on time.
Qualifications and Requirements
Ideally you'll have a recognised degree in Hotel Management, Computer Science/ MIS/ IT with2 years in IT or Business Analyst work-related experience.
TechnicalSkills and Knowledge
- Ability to work with minimal supervision bothindependently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to write reports, documentation,business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Experience with and ability to develop andfollow change management procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to define problems, collect data,establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Strong troubleshooting skills andability to effectively resolve or escalate issues to management or vendorsupport areas as necessary.
- Experience practicing traditional and/oragile project management and change management methodologies. Ability to handlemultiple assignments through prioritization and time management, andeffectively document and communicate status of projects and issues tomanagement and Information Technology personnel.
- Strong J2EE administration skills in aUNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience automating tasks using ChefConfiguration Management Tools
- Experience working with ApplicationProgramming, System Administration, and Database Administration teams toinstall, manage, and maintain application software
- Solid foundation in working with UNIX, Linux,and Windows operating systems on heterogeneous hardware platforms
- Solidfoundation in working with database systems like Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
- Experience supporting Commercial off theShelf (COTS) product environments as well as custom integrations OracleApplication Express, Oracle Forms, SharePoint, SSL certificates
- Experience with performance tuning andmonitoring
- Scripting experience in one or more of Perl,Bash, Python, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting and researchingproblems through log file mining and analysis.
- LDAP directory knowledge and experience
- Experience administrating, configuring,tuning, and troubleshooting WebLogic, Tomcat, Glassfish, similar Microsoftservices and similar Java Application Servers
In return, we'll give you acompetitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG.You'llhave the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly,we'll give you Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion?Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills toIHG.
To find out more about us orany other jobs with IHG please look at careers.ihg.com
Job: IT Development
Location: Singapore-Singapore City
Requisition ID: R128840