IHG Sous Chef in Manila, Philippines
Job Summary (Role Summary)
- Assist in the management of Kitchen Operations in a single food & beverage outlet or a shift, or section of food and beverage operations, including menu planning and costing, organizing special events, developing new dishes, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge.
- Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Activities of the role)
- Participate in the planning and costing of menus
- Develop and write standard recipes
- Develop new dishes and products
- Ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen
- Clean the kitchen and equipment
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Supervise and Training of assigned employees
- Works with Executive Chef in manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the Department s budget
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Culinary Skills or related field.Experience
- 3 years experience as a chef including at least 1 year in supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requisition ID: 03012017SOUSCHEF