IHG Ella Canta - Sommelier in London, United Kingdom
Chef Martha Ortiz of Dulce Patria (heralded as one of Latin America s most exciting restaurants) is bringing her celebrated Mexican gastronomy to London in a new restaurant at InterContinental London Park Lane, Ella Canta! Martha s philosophy will be brought to life by David Collins Studios and will be located at one of London s most prestigious addresses, with an exclusive entrance positioned where Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park, and Piccadilly all converge. Ella Canta will join Theo Randall at the InterContinental, bringing two renowned Chefs under one roof and creating one of capitals most sought-after culinary destinations.
We are currently recruiting for a Sommelier for Ella Canta.
The Sommelier s main objectives are to ensure a consistent and quality service is delivered to all guests. The Sommelier is to assist the manager with achieving high scores on guest satisfaction surveys by recognising regular guests and to do what it takes to ensure all guest needs are met within reason.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Sommelier include, but are not limited to: -
- Ensuring checks are presented to all guests at the bar during service to secure full payment for all products and services offered
- Understanding how to efficiently process payments and conduct floats counts for accuracy
- Recording covers in Micros properly and accurately, posting all products consumed
- Maintaining an honest operation when posting products and handling payments (cash, credit card, room charge, A&G charges)
- Encouraging a positive working environment
- Supporting the department managers with up-selling features
- Respecting colleagues while on shift and working closely with other associates to deliver memorable experiences
- Actively participating in associate briefings and team meetings
- Assisting in delivering a learning experience for associates sharing expertise
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including uniform, laundry, meals on duty, pension scheme preferential employee rates to name a few. What s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Experience in a five-star or similar environment is required (hotel or independent). This must include experience in a similar position of bar management or as sommelier.
- Excellent knowledge of food products, dishes and the preparation methods, profound knowledge of customer service and of all beverage products such as spirits, wines, beers, cocktail and cocktail preparation methods is essential.
- Basic reading and writing skills in English is essential.
- Excellent communication skills in English is essential.
- Knowledge of Micros and Microsoft packages is essential.
- Ability to speak Spanish from South America is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Mexican culture is desirable.
- London market experience is desirable.
- Must be at the minimum age to serve alcohol in line with local legislative requirements.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
Location: GBR-London - Central-London
Requisition ID: LON004913