IHG Ella Canta - Junior Sous Chef in London, United Kingdom
Chef Martha Ortiz of Dulce Patria (heralded as one of Latin America s most exciting restaurants) is bringing her celebrated Mexican gastronomy to London in a new restaurant at InterContinental London Park Lane, Ella Canta! Martha s philosophy will be brought to life by David Collins Studios and will be located at one of London s most prestigious addresses, with an exclusive entrance positioned where Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park, and Piccadilly all converge. Ella Canta will join Theo Randall at the InterContinental, bringing two renowned Chefs under one roof and creating one of capitals most sought-after culinary destinations.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Sous Chef for Ella Canta.
The Junior Sous Chef ensures the smooth running of the section and sees that all areas of that section maintain the InterContinental London standards. The Junior Sous Chef also provides supervision to the more junior members of the team, and assumes responsibility for outlets in the absence of a Head chef.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Junior Sous Chef include, but are not limited to: -
- Taking ownership of your section s mise-en-place in terms of quantity and quality and deputise in the absence of the Sous Chef or Junior Sous Chef.
- Ensuring that food is cooked and presented as per the standards of the restaurant.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including uniform, laundry, meals on duty, pension scheme preferential employee rates to name a few. What s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Good command of the English language is desired.
- City and Guild 706/1/2 or NVQ Level 3 in culinary skills is desired.
- Apprenticeship as chef followed by position as Demi Chef and Chef de Partie is desired.
- Experience in a Mexican restaurant environment is desired.
- Excellent organisational skills is essential.
- Desire to learn and diversify is essential.
- Proactive and self-motivated is essential.
- Must have the drive and passion to succeed at the highest level.
- All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
- Ability to speak Spanish from South America is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Mexican culture is desirable.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
Job: Food & Beverage
Location: GBR-London - Central-London
Requisition ID: LON004914