IHG Ella Canta - Head Bartender in London, United Kingdom
Chef Martha Ortiz of Dulce Patria (heralded as one of Latin America s most exciting restaurants) is bringing her celebrated Mexican gastronomy to London in a new restaurant at InterContinental London Park Lane, Ella Canta! Martha s philosophy will be brought to life by David Collins Studios and will be located at one of London s most prestigious addresses, with an exclusive entrance positioned where Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park, and Piccadilly all converge. Ella Canta will join Theo Randall at the InterContinental, bringing two renowned Chefs under one roof and creating one of capitals most sought-after culinary destinations.
We are currently recruiting for a Head Bartender for Ella Canta.
The Head Bartender delivers personalised service in accordance to Ella Canta principles, with charisma, dynamism, passion and charm. Some of the main responsibilities of the Head Bartender include, but are not limited to: -
- Assisting the Restaurant and Bar Manager to control beverage cost through beverage wastage and transfers of stock
- Ensuring bills are presented to all guests during service to secure full payment for all products and services offered
- Understanding how to efficiently process payments and enforcing cash handling procedures.
- Assisting in a monthly stock take.
- Authorizing requisition orders when Manager or Supervisor are not present.
- Recording covers in Micros properly and accurately posting all products consumed.
- Maintaining an honest operation when posting products and handling payments (cash, credit card, room charge, A&G charges).
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including uniform, laundry, meals on duty, pension scheme preferential employee rates to name a few. What s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Excellent knowledge of food products, dishes and the preparation methods.
- Profound knowledge of beverage products such as spirits, wines, beers, and cocktails.
- Basic reading and writing skills in English is essential.
- Excellent communication skills in English is essential.
- Knowledge of Micros and Microsoft packages is essential.
- Experience in the London restaurant/hotel market is essential.
- Ability to speak Spanish from South America is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Mexican culture is desirable.
- Must be at the minimum age to serve alcohol in line with local legislative requirements.
- Personal license is desirable.
- WSET certification is desirable.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
Job: Food & Beverage
Location: GBR-London - Central-London
Requisition ID: LON004911