IHG Ella Canta - Demi Chef de Partie in London, United Kingdom
Chef Martha Ortiz of Dulce Patria (heralded as one of Latin America s most exciting restaurants) is bringing her celebrated Mexican gastronomy to London in a new restaurant at InterContinental London Park Lane, Ella Canta! Martha s philosophy will be brought to life by David Collins Studios and will be located at one of London s most prestigious addresses, with an exclusive entrance positioned where Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park, and Piccadilly all converge. Ella Canta will join Theo Randall at the InterContinental, bringing two renowned Chefs under one roof and creating one of capitals most sought-after culinary destinations.
We are currently recruiting for a Demi Chef de Partie for Ella Canta.
The Demi Chef de Partie gives support to the section Sous Chef by carrying out the preparation and of food to standard whilst under supervision.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Demi Chef de Partie include, but are not limited to: -
- Ensuring the smooth running of allocated section
- Ensuring the allocated sections are meeting restaurant standards of all food that is produced
- Assisting the Chef de Partie to ensure that the designated station is properly set up and operating as required
- Ensuring the highest standards of production by carrying out spot checks of portions and presentation of all food items, taking corrective action when needed
- Guaranteeing safety, hygiene and sanitation practices are present at all times ensuring the safe storage of raw materials and maintaining cleanliness of all areas.
- Receiving items and ensuring proper storage until needed
- Maintaining all station s equipment in safe working condition.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including uniform, laundry, meals on duty, pension scheme preferential employee rates to name a few. What s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Good command of the English language is desired.
- Desire to learn and diversify is essential.
- Proactive and self-motivated is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills is essential.
- City and Guild 706/1/2 or NVQ Level 3 in culinary skills is desired.
- Apprenticeship as chef followed by position as Demi Chef is desired.
- Experience in a Mexican restaurant environment is desired.
- Ability to speak Spanish from South America is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Mexican culture is desirable.
- Must have the drive and passion to succeed at the highest level.
- All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
Location: GBR-London - Central-London
Requisition ID: LON004916