IHG Ella Canta - Commis Chef in London, United Kingdom
Chef Martha Ortiz of Dulce Patria (heralded as one of Latin America s most exciting restaurants) is bringing her celebrated Mexican gastronomy to London in a new restaurant at InterContinental London Park Lane, Ella Canta! Martha s philosophy will be brought to life by David Collins Studios and will be located at one of London s most prestigious addresses, with an exclusive entrance positioned where Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park, and Piccadilly all converge. Ella Canta will join Theo Randall at the InterContinental, bringing two renowned Chefs under one roof and creating one of capitals most sought-after culinary destinations.
We are currently recruiting for a Commis Chef for Ella Canta.
The Commis Chef will assist and control the section for which they are working, ensure the smooth running of their section and see that all areas of section maintain the restaurant standards. They will be responsible to cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Commis Chef are but not limited to: -
- Taking ownership of the section s mise-en-place in terms of quantity and quality
- Ensuring that food is cooked and presented as per the standards of the restaurant
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including uniform, laundry, meals on duty, pension scheme preferential employee rates to name a few. What s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Good command of the English language is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills is essential.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
- Similar experience is desirable.
- Apprenticeship as chef followed by position as junior cook in various sections of the kitchen is desirable.
- Ability to speak Spanish from South America is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Mexican culture is desirable.
- Able to deal with minor problems arising during the course of the service period is desirable.
- Able to motivate him/herself and have a good rapport with other staff members.
- All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
RequirementsGood command of the English language is essential.Excellent organisational skills is essential.Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.Similar experience is desirable.Apprenticeship as chef followed by position as junior cook in various sections of the kitchen is desirable.Ability to speak Spanish from South America is desirable.Excellent knowledge of Mexican culture is desirable.Able to deal with minor problems arising during the course of the service period is desirable.Able to motivate him/herself and have a good rapport with other staff members.All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including weekends and bank holidays.All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
Location: GBR-London - Central-London
Requisition ID: LON004917