IHG Ella Canta - Barback in London, United Kingdom
Chef Martha Ortiz of Dulce Patria (heralded as one of Latin America s most exciting restaurants) is bringing her celebrated Mexican gastronomy to London in a new restaurant at InterContinental London Park Lane, Ella Canta! Martha s philosophy will be brought to life by David Collins Studios and will be located at one of London s most prestigious addresses, with an exclusive entrance positioned where Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park, and Piccadilly all converge. Ella Canta will join Theo Randall at the InterContinental, bringing two renowned Chefs under one roof and creating one of capitals most sought-after culinary destinations.
We are currently recruiting for a Backback for Ella Canta.
The Backback assists the Bartenders to deliver service standards, maintain a supply of quality equipment and may be asked to support other operational areas as business requires. Some of the main responsibilities of the Backback include, but are not limited to: -
- Assisting the Bartenders with re-stocking the bar with perishable and non-perishable products before, during and after service
- Assisting Bartenders and servers with presenting checks to all guests during service to secure full payment for all products and services offered
- Assisting in equipment and product requisition collection
- Encouraging a positive working environment
- Respecting colleagues while on shift and working closely with cocktail servers and bartenders to deliver memorable experiences
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including uniform, laundry, meals on duty, pension scheme preferential employee rates to name a few. What s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Examples of organizational and English communication skills must be displayed.
- Basic knowledge of customer service and of all beverage products such as spirits, wines, beers, cocktail and cocktail preparation methods is desirable.
- Experience in the London restaurant/hotel market is desirable.
- Ability to speak Spanish from South America is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Mexican culture is desirable.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms.
- All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
Job: Hotel General Management
Location: GBR-London - Central-London
Requisition ID: LON004908