IHG Ella Canta - Assistant Bar Manager in London, United Kingdom
Chef Martha Ortiz of Dulce Patria (heralded as one of Latin America s most exciting restaurants) is bringing her celebrated Mexican gastronomy to London in a new restaurant at InterContinental London Park Lane, Ella Canta! Martha s philosophy will be brought to life by David Collins Studios and will be located at one of London s most prestigious addresses, with an exclusive entrance positioned where Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park, and Piccadilly all converge. Ella Canta will join Theo Randall at the InterContinental, bringing two renowned Chefs under one roof and creating one of capitals most sought-after culinary destinations.
The Assistant Bar Manager oversees all meal periods in Ella Canta and assists with the delivery of high service standards. Some of the main responsibilities of the Assistant Bar Manager include, but are not limited to: -
- Operating efficiently, achieving profit targets, beating the competition and achieving revenue targets
- Identifying, organizing and driving promotions that deliver great experiences
- Assisting with the day-to-day staffing requirements, assigning work, and establishing performance and development goals for team members
- Providing mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance
- Ensuring the delivery of great product experience occurs for all beverage services
- Interacting with guests to ensure expectations are being met
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including uniform, laundry, meals on duty, pension scheme preferential employee rates to name a few. What s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Management experience in a five-star hotel bar or an independent high street venue.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations and bar operating systems.
- Customer service skills that include conflict management and service recovery.
- In depth product knowledge in wine and spirits and a general excellent knowledge of Mexican cuisine, food products and preparation methods.
- Higher education qualification / equivalent in Hospitality, or 2 years of relevant restaurant experience at managerial level.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish from South America is desirable.
- Knowledge of Micros and Microsoft packages.
- Experience in the London restaurant/hotel market is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Mexican culture is highly desirable.
- All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
Location: GBR-London - Central-London
Requisition ID: LON004921