IHG Accounts Payable Officer - Crowne Plaza & Holiday Inn Al Thuraya City – Kuwait in Kuwait City, Kuwait
JOB SCOPE: Under the generaldirection of the Finance and Business Support and within the limits ofInterContinental Hotels Group policy and procedure and local requirements,assists in responsibility for all hotel accounting and financial controls.Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust,Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Groupand the brand ethics.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Cooperates, coordinates and communicates withother departments in matters concerning receiving, accounting for andcontrolling the cost of food, beverages and general supplies.Interacts with external auditors and bankofficers if there is any necessity.
- Assist in the timely billing of accounts
- Maintain a filing system for account receivable records
- Assist in balancing daily transfer to city ledger and post, edit and update toaccounts receivable system
- Assist in the reconciliation of accounts
- Respond to and resolve account queries
- Collate suppliers documentation for processing
- Ensure all invoices have the appropriate documentation attached and approvalsprior to processing
- Process all invoices and statements
- Record and process payments of goods and services
- Maintain a filing system for accounts payable records
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timelyand accurate supply of goods and services.
- Check arithmetic accuracy and invoices
- Assist in reconciling the weekly purchase log
- Prepare cheque run for approval on a weekly basis
- Reconcile supplier statements with established records and report any discrepancies
- Assist in maintain the batch register and balance daily to general ledger
- Assist in preparing the accruals journal at month end for regular suppliers anddelivery dockets not paid
- Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations andprovisions contained in the Employment Handbook
- Comply with Company Grooming Standards
- Comply with Time and Attendance Policies
- Activelyparticipate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities forself-development
Health, Safety and Security:
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of allpolicies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
- Familiarize yourself with emergency andevacuation procedures
- Ensureall security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timelymanner and brought to the attention of the Line Manager
Education, Qualifications & Experiences Requirements:
- Preferably with a University degree
- At least two year previous experience within a hotel environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Computer literacy is a must
- Knowledge of Opera, Micros, FMC and SUN System is a must.
- Arabic Speaking is the must
Job: Finance & Business Support
Location: Kuwait-Kuwait City
Requisition ID: KUW001489