IHG Front Office Manager - Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives in Kandooma, Maldives
Do you see yourself as a Front Office Manager ?
What is your passion? Whether you're into soccer, swimming or skiing, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people that help us create great hotels guests love.
The Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma, located at the Kandooma Fushi island in Maldives, is blessed with white sands, azure skies, lush tropical greenery and clear turquoise waters almost goes without saying. To complement this, the resort hotel, has created services intended to satisfy, engage, entertain, inform, educate and... Luxuriate.
Our Guest Experience team, based in Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma, Maldives , is currently seeking for a Front Office Manager. Reporting to the Guest Experience Manager.
This role has overall responsibility to Manage the operations of the Front Office Department by ensuring product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to all hotel guests according to the hotel’s and InterContinental Hotels Group business objectives. To perform the human resource function in ensuring staff selection, training, counseling and recognition programs are adhered to in order to maximize performance standards and to adhere to guest service standards in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Monitor front office personnel to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition
· Supervise the Front Office team to ensure optimum occupancy and average room rate for the purpose of maximizing revenue
· Monitor Front Office, and particularly Guest Relations personnel, to ensure priority members known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
· Promote Inter-Hotel sales and in-house facilities and monitors Front Office Marketing techniques in line with marketing program
· Maintain inter-departmental relationships to ensure seamless customer service
· Supervises the Reservation activities
· Assume overall responsibility for maintaining standards to ensure furnishings facilities and equipment are clean, in good repair and well maintained
· Schedule and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under his/her control
· Maintain knowledge of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
· Know system recovery procedures
· Interpret computer reports
· Compile statistics for front office and provide reports relating to that area
· Continually check the accuracy of room count
· Approve upgrades and special amenities
· Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of departmental employees
· Conduct comprehensive monthly departmental meetings to include a review of procedures and events which warrants special handling and detailed information
· Communicate to the General Manager of his/her delegate all information likely to be of interest to them such as the expected arrival and departure of VIPs and all other pertinent information
· Maintain all procedures and adheres to them within the ICHG guidelines; in particular with emphasis on hotel credit policy.
· In conjunction with the Emergency Response Team prepare emergency procedures upon advice from relevant authority that cover such emergencies as Fire, Power Outrage, Bomb Threat, Cyclone Warnings, etc
· Prepares efficient work schedule for Front Office Staff, arranging holidays and vacation, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals or departures
· Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
Minimum 3 years of guest service / hotel experience with one year in a management capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent. Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation. Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Front Office System. Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities. Strong Leadership skills in managing teams. Ability to manage complex relationships. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, insurances and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG. You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at www.ihg.com/careers
Job: Quality & Guest Experience
Requisition ID: KAN000139