IHG Purchasing Manager in Hua Hin, Thailand
InterContinental Hua Hin & Holiday Inn Vananava Hua Hin Pre Opening
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
· Manage and control purchasing systems and procedures to continually improve the supply chain process, ensure cost effective contracting of products and services, and promote compliance internally with established standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Translates operating forecasts into material requirements plans and thereby determines standard stock and re-order levels with Department Heads and Management
· Participates in negotiations for service contracts
· Identifies and develops reliable sources of supply
· Identifies and organizes adequate storage for all perpetual inventory items and implements corporate policy, products and initiatives in order to maximize cost effectiveness
· Establishes adequate record keeping and issuance procedures
· Protects inventories from waste, spoilage and theft
· Keeps abreast of the marketplace as to innovation and value
· Processes purchase requests from departments
· Obtains competitive quotations and bids
· Ensure physical stock take is conducted as scheduled
· Posts orders to inventory module and produces purchase order for receiver to match against goods received
· Place approved orders
· Establishes standard purchasing specifications
· Ensures products and resources are assigned to the appropriate department and billed accordingly
· Supervises the hotels print shop to ensure timely and economical production of printed material
· Ensures that market surveys are completed in coordination with the Executive Chef, F&B Manager and Accountant
· Works with Superior on manpower planning and management needs
· Perform any additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills –
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Good writing skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Materials, Purchasing Management or related field.
· 3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
· 2 day - off per week / 8 hours working per day
· Uniform 3 sets and 2 meals per shift
· Health & Group Life Insurance
· Staff Dormitory
· Staff Canteen
· Provident Fund / Social Security
· Public Holiday / Vacation
· Annual Physical Check-up
· Training and Development Program
· Employee Rate in InterContinental Hotel Group
Please submit your application to Human Resources Department.
Email Address: email@example.com
Tel: 66(0) 32 616 999 http://www.intercontinental.com/huahin
Job: Finance & Business Support
Location: Thailand-Hua Hin
Requisition ID: HUA000382