IHG Marketing Comunications Manager in Hua Hin, Thailand
Holiday Inn Vananava Hua Hin
The Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family, one of the world’s leading hotel companies with a presence in almost 100 countries.
At Holiday Inn® our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. And because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
· Produces a Public Relations Plan which promotes and maintains good public relations in order to maintain the prestigious image of the hotel. Duties involve planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in all Public Relations activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Develops a public relations program for the hotel based on its marketing goals. Liaises with Marketing in targeting specific markets and developing the public relations strategies to reach these markets
· Develops media contacts, plans press conferences and other press activities. Acts as hotel’s liaison with media to promote good publicity and counteract bad publicity.
· Develops and organizes promotional activities, coordinates with departments concerned; invites VIPs and media to promotional activities; prepares and issues press releases
· Establishes sales leads from the study of magazines, newspapers and form personal contacts; coordinates sales leads with Sales Departments
· Disseminates corporate press releases to appropriate local trade and consumer media
· Establishes a program for sending promotional news to trade publications on a regular basis releases covering special events, promotions, etc.
· Prepares promotional press releases on personalities among guests and employees of the hotel and on newsworthy events in the hotel
· Provides information to other departments on activities within and outside the hotel which may be useful when dealing with guests
· Accepts clients and media complaints, requests, and inquiries and coordinates handling with departments concerned
· Coordinates all activities with Director of Sales & Marketing
· Maintains good public relations by extending personalized service to VIPs. e.g. following up on reservations for VIPs, assisting in greeting VIPs and groups upon their arrival, sending welcome letter to VIP guests
· Coordinates guest lists and invitations for VIP receptions, luncheons, dinners, etc.
· Maintains clipping files pertaining to the hotel(s) based on daily perusal of the media and provides same to General Manager, other departments, other hotels, corporate public relations, as appropriate
· Maintains mailing list/contact file
· Maintains hotel photo file
· Liaises with Director of Sales & Marketing on matters affecting corporate image
· Develop hotel gifts and giveaways
· Builds profile within local market place through attendance at various events and local market place
· Co-ordinates hotel photography when required
· Monitors awareness of competitor activities and use information when developing strategies
· Plans and coordinates sponsorship activities
· Works with superior on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with superior in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
· Attend to all telephone, fax, email inquiries in a timely manner
· Attend marketing meetings/regional sales and marketing monthly conference calls
· Assist with direct mail campaigns
· Maintain filing systems (manual and electronic)
· Represent the Hotel at cocktail parties/dinners where appropriate
· Coordinate journalist familiarizations/visiting journalist programs and site inspections as required
· Prepare administration documents required for marketing (ie: internet listings, advertising, booking of directory advertising)
· Co-ordinate hotel photography shoots/talent where required, within budget
· Assist with promotions (eg seasonal sales promotions and special events)
· Maintain collateral and conduct occasional audit
· Co-ordinate generic IHG merchandise and hotel brand
· Co-ordinate hotel brand standards collateral
· Proof read copy of advertising, collateral and press releases where appropriate
· Assist with brand standards policing
· Work in line with business needs
Required Skills –
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
· Good writing skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications or related field.
· 3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Location: Thailand-Hua Hin
Requisition ID: HUA000393