IHG Event Manager in Hua Hin, Thailand
Holiday Inn Vananava Hua Hin
The Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family, one of the world’s leading hotel companies with a presence in almost 100 countries.
At Holiday Inn® our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. And because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
· Manages the process and delivery of conference and meeting.
· Follows up and take action for all group process after the group contract has been signed and the hand over process completed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Take responsibility for the co-ordination and monitoring of all leisure, meetings, catering and convention group
· Ensure contracts are completed and revised
· Manage the standards and procedures of the department, for instance, ensuring that business has been signed prior to commence planning
· Manage the rooming list process
· Manage and distribute Group Action Plan (GAP), Banquet Event Order (BEO) and other related document of group.
· Co-ordinate the allocation of space for the conference and associated events
· Liaise with the Reservations Department for room availability and room preferences or space allocation and priority
· Liaise with the following departments in procurement of the business:
o Sales Team
o IHG reservations office
o Regional Sales and Marketing
· Conduct site inspections and tour familiarizations
· Conduct client review
· Entertain clients with the objective to secure business or strengthen ties when required
· Negotiate term pertinent to the sale of conference, banqueting service and room
· Monitor Competitor activities and use information when developing strategies
· Maintain and develop contacts with business generators, meeting and conference planners, visitors/Conference Bureau, travel agents, tour operators, airlines, corporate accounts
· Supervises the functioning of all banqueting department employees, facilities, sales and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
· Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, the following, in an effort to ensure optimum performance:
o Quality levels of product and service
o Guest satisfaction
o Merchandising and Marketing
o Operating costs
o Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene
· Oversees the preparation, presentation and service of banquet Food and Beverage products to ensure highest quality at all times
· Establishes and maintains effective employee relations
· Supervises and coordinates in liaison with the Food and Beverage Manager and the Executive Chef, the pricing and preparation of banquet menus, and beverages and wine lists by taking into consideration such factors as:
o Local requirements
o Market needs
o Potential costs
o Availability of Food and Beverage products
o Merchandising and promotion
· Coordinates with the Purchasing Manager for special for special purchasing relating to the Banqueting Department
· Attend and contributes to the weekly hotel department head and Food and Beverage department meetings and update to Sales Team
· Establishes and maintains a record system to include the following:
o Files on all previous functions
o Customer contact file
o Sales solicitation programmed
o Room utilization
o Menu file
o Promotion file
o Activities file
o Union information
o File on casuals
o Solicits and follows-up on business referrals and potential sales leads
· Other reports as required
· Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Sales Manager and Food and Beverage Manager in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
· Take responsibility in apply hotel safety & Security standard into daily operation
· All job assigned by Superior
Required Skills –
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Good writing skills
· Leadership skills.
· Diploma in Hotel Management, Sales & Marketing or related field.
· 3 years related experience, including management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Job: Conference Sales
Location: Thailand-Hua Hin
Requisition ID: HUA000392