IHG Pool Attendant in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
At InterContinentalHotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringingyour expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve ourvision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company theworld over.
Completes assignments in accordance with maintenanceplan.Keeps facility areas safeand organized. Performs the general cleaning of the entire club ie. Cleansgeneral pool areas, sanitize gym equipment and refills guest supplies;Maintains the locker rooms and showers/ bathrooms hygienic. Observes andpatrols the entire club and enforces safety regulations. Assists guests withfacilities knowledge,delivering amenitiessuch as towels; Respond effectively to guest inquiries; Performs resuscitationand first Aid to distressed guests when appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To organize and conduct specialized educative activities such aspersonalized swimming classes or sessions, group trainings. This would enhancethe additional package of revenue from personalized coaching of the clients.
- To suggest and recommend other health clubfacilities upon inquiries and offer competent and professional orientation ofthe facilities that would help clients acquires adequate information of thepositive needs to be part of this community.
- To share fruitful ideas of his experience, awareness, knowledgeand skills towards setting up and organizing outstanding promotions withreference to physical fitness activities or events that would certainly targetand maximize the business.
- To ensure and promote repeat guests by constructing professionalrelations that ignites a like to Love atmosphere for clients and fromcompetent skills and knowledge of the services offered.
- Making decisions, analyzing information and evaluating results tochoose the best solution and solve problems. Coordinating and cooperating withother co-workers to work as a team towards accomplishing tasks and achieving acommon goal.
- To ensure the careful handling of all cleaning materials,chemicals and machinery and to follow the necessary safety precautions tosafeguard the risk of injury to oneself and to guests.
- To maintain control and ensure that the guests and members followthe rules of the health club and hotel that would curb the unruly behaviourssuch as drunkards, risky playful games. To monitor the use of the facilitiesand ensure that un-authorized persons are not permitted to enter and use thehealth club facilities unless they are a hotel guest, club member or permittedvisitors.
- Assisting and caring for others by providingpersonal assistance or care, medical attention and emotional support toco-workers, customers and patients. Administering First Aid and CPR ifnecessary, during emergency situations, using the training, medical suppliesand equipments.
- To welcome prospective members in a professional and courteousmanner providing them with a full explanation and orientation of the swimmingpool, Jacuzzi, pool bar, sauna, steam and all areas of the health club togetherwith the services available and to promote and sell memberships. To log thenecessary details of the person enquiring in the log book.
- To patrol and monitor regularly entire health club areas whilekeeping an eye, identifying and preventing potential risks and hazards such aswarning and advising the guests of bad weather, unsafe areas or illegalconduct.
- To ensure that you are always courteous and friendly to guests,attentive to their needs, handle problems in a sympathetic and professionalmanner, attempting to resolve these problems as quickly and formally aspossible and are conscious of the importance of safety through giving outadvice. OTHER
- Offer guests with complementary amenitiessuch as towels, lockers, drinking water and assist, guide and advice them onthe appropriate usage of the facilities.
- To ensure that you pay attention to personal hygiene andcleanliness and that you and your area are always well presented and groomed tothe hotel& departmental standards (outstanding Impression). Responsible formaintaining cleanliness of the entire health club areas, washing, wiping,clearance and performing the general physical activities.
- Working directly with the public which includes liaising with thepool bar staff in providing food and beverage service to Hotel guests and Clubmembers and to assist the Food and Beverage Department when setting up forpool-side functions.
- To inform the health club manager orsupervisor on a daily basis of any faults, defects or maintenance requirementsand follow up with the maintenance staff (engineering).
- Rescue distressed persons by using rescuetechniques and equipments. Contact emergency medical personnel in case ofserious injury.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Can cover and take ownership of various areas of the health clubsuch as gym, attendance and the reception.
This is a full- time position atthe Crowne Plaza Dubai- Deira
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
- Has experience in a similarposition for at least 12 months with great interpersonal skills and anexcellent level of physical fitness.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills(verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within ateam
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
- Preferably holding a schoolleaving Certificate
- Valid and well recognizedInternational Certificate for completion of life guarding
- Valid and well recognizedInternational Certificate for completion of First Aid, CPR and AED
Job: Spa & Recreation
Location: United Arab Emirates-Fujairah
Requisition ID: FUJ000159