IHG Agent Front Desk (190217) in Fort Jackson, South Carolina
Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Agent at Fort Jackson, South Carolina ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This position will check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; and process all payments according to established procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may requireadditional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in orderto ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either byphone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates onchanges.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination withother departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
Requirements include holding a High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Some college is preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Readingand writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Location: SC-Fort Jackson
Requisition ID: R129533