IHG Manager, Distribution Strategy - Dubai Based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Distribution Strategy team is responsible for managing all of IHG’s key Online Travel Agent (OTA) relationships within AMEA. The role will be responsible for account managing a number of the regional and global OTA partners, managing connected wholesalers, new business development and supporting commercial teams with insight from partners. There will also be a requirement to work on other projects and will have interaction and collaboration with a variety of internal IHG teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
Oversee the planning and implementation of the contracting processes.
Responsible for negotiation of contracts with intermediaries.
Accounts management of a portfolio of OTA partners
Accounts management of a portfolio of connected wholesalers/tour operators
Actively participate in the assigned industry associations and events.
Direct the analytics group to record, review and maintain appropriate reports for senior management.
Coordinate with all Regional Sales teams and Distribution and Commercial Marketing in all reasonable ways and regularly contribute to departmental and divisional strategy.
Ensure appropriate product management personnel work with the accounts and their intermediaries, (i.e. GDSs, Pegasus) as applicable.
· Act as a “Brand Partner” to the respective area/brand teams in assigned market segment. Provide segment expertise to Management Company’s O/M/L management and franchise support.
· Manage the Merlin pages; including writing copy and page layout and updating information.
· In conjunction with the other managers and Director, write communications sent to hotels via IHG mail.
· Communicate and liaise with Accounts via email and telephone.
· Support IHG’s Best Price Guarantee investigations as required
· Support the Book Direct - Onward Distribution Project.
· From time to time manage the planning of any events.
· Degree standard in Business Studies (or similar) or 8 years relevant work experience.
· Minimum 8 years work experience in the service industry
· A good knowledge and working relationship with key internal and owner stakeholders in the organisation
· Experience in written communications
· A history of managing team content on an intranet would be advantageous
Required Skills –
· Knowledge of local market
· Knowledge of wholesale segment
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good written and oral skills with strong attention to detail.
· Strong proactive team player capable of working effectively un-supervised.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· Flexible and adaptable manner.
· Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint
Job: Executive / Corporate
Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Requisition ID: R136947