IHG Sous Chef (Sirocco - All Day Dining) - Holiday Inn Doha - The Business Park (Pre-Opening 2017) in Doha, Qatar
What's your passion? Whether you're into gardening, swimming or karate, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Holiday Inn Doha The Business Park, Conveniently located in the center of the bustling Business Park and the financial district of Doha , Holiday Inn Doha The Business Park is only a 15-minute drive from Hamad International Airport and a few minutes away from the local main attractions including Souq Waqif and Museum of Islamic Arts . Explore the city at ease with close proximity to the shopping malls, the Corniche and to the city center making it an ideal place to stay around for business or leisure.
The hotel s 307 well-appointed guestrooms all feature flat-screen televisions, satellite channels, complimentary high speed internet access, also 7 high-tech and flexible meeting rooms, a 24 hour business center, Lobby Cafe, Stock Burger, Pool Bar and All-Day Dining Restaurant.
Under the generalguidance of the executive chef and within the limits of established ICpolicies, procedures and food & beverage manual, assists in overseeing anddirecting all aspects of the designatedkitchenoperation
Place of Work
Holiday Inn Doha TheBusiness Park - The Company may temporarily post you to another IHG hotel/department/Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park after discussing thesuitability and domestic arrangements with you. You may on occasion be requiredto travel both in Qatar and overseas in connection with the employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In cojunction with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef plans activities, promotions and menu implementations according to the annual marketing plans.
- Ensures that all designated action points from daily briefings or monthly operational meetings are being followed by the individual s concerned.
- Be aware of and comply with all legislation affecting the operation, including licensing regulations, health regulations and fire and safety regulations.
- Assists the Executive Chef in compiling the annual marketing plans and budgets.
- Ensures disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to and followed.
- Be constantly aware of customers expectations, which are adhered to and followed.
- Be responsible for and accountable for the overall food cost as well askitchensupplies,kitchenenergy costs andkitchenutensils in the assigned section.
- Find ways to improve the efficiency of the operations which will benefit our clients.
- Assist the Executive Chef in improving the food cost through strategic purchasing, without negatively affecting predetermined quality standards.
- Constantly strive to reduce energy consumption within thekitchen.
- Checks the outlet operation during all service periods taking necessary action to correct any deviation from quality standards.
- Conduct weekly equipment maintenance checks and stewarding cleanliness issues & follows up on deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises all menu implementations in a timely manner with recipes, photographs & staff training.
- Foster positive thinking and motivation with peers & subordinates by giving active assistance on more efficient ways of running thekitchens.
- Assist in the preparation and control of daily and weekly market lists.
- Conducts daily outlet tours to observe operational standards and difficulties and follow them up with the Executive Chef.
- Prepare weekly work schedule for his subordinates.
- Create and develop new dishes and recipes by keeping up with the latest market trends.
- Constantly strive to improvekitchenoperating procedures.
- Relate guests comments, positive or negative, to the Executive Chef and take corrective actions where necessary.
- Be fully responsible for the labor budget of thekitchendepartment.
- Propose and initiate when approved, new services and products for our guests.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head from time to time.
- Co-operate with the company to achieve compliance with FLS legislation.
- Take moral and legal responsibility for conducting themselves in their work so they do not expose themselves or others to risk.
- Not undertake any activity which compromises their personal FLS, or the FLS of others.
- Report all accidents, dangerous occurrences, or hazards, no matter how minor, to the supervisor or Heads of Department.
The statements in this job descriptionare intended to describe the essential nature and level of work beingperformed. They are not intended to beALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and life insurance support. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Requisition ID: DOH002407