IHG Guest Service Center Agent - InterContinental Doha in Doha, Qatar
What's your passion? Whether you're into hiking, dancing or basketball at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
InterContinental Doha is the authentic urban resort and business hotel in Doha, Qatar. We have 257 guestrooms and eight high quality restaurants and bars serving International cuisine, the longest private 500 meter Arabian Gulf Beach in Doha, an impressive grand ballroom that accommodates up to 800 guests, five flexible function rooms that can host business meetings and social gatherings, outstanding high-tech recreational facilities. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
We've got a fantastic opportunity for you to join us as a Guest Service Center Agent.
Job Summary - As a Guest Service Agent, you will be responsible for dealing with all our guest requirements in a courteous, charming and professional manner.
- Answers all calls within 3 rings, using the guest surname at least three times throughout the conversation.
- Promptly and accurately cascade and coordinate all guest requests or work orders to concerned departments such as engineering, housekeeping, IT etc. and ensure completion in accepted standard time and by priority.
- Monitors all calls that are on queue and answers appropriately.
- Notifies guests or internal staff of any delays in performing work orders in accepted standard time and calls back guests to ensure guest satisfaction within accepted timeframe.
- Handles all guest wake-up calls and ensure proper monitoring.
- Handles guest messages-written and or voice mail and send faxes out regarding guest inquiries and requests.
- Handles guests' complaints.
- Logs all guest complaints into Guest Problem Log and guest history for future reference, tracks trends in service deficiencies and reports them to the senior management.
- Makes restaurant reservations by using restaurant reservation system (RESPAK). Knows restaurant operating hours and specials / promotions within the operation as well as catering space requirements and locations.
- Transfer any room reservations queries to the Reservations Manager / Department.
- Updates information board about the hotel and its activities and has complete knowledge of all in-house groups and banquet events current and future.
- Provides internet assistance to in-house guests otherwise, cascade and coordinate with IT Department.
- Knowledgeable about basic Concierge requests and information.
- Knowledgeable about system / software including but not limited to, Property Management system (Opera), Telephone Maintenance System (TMS), Restaurant Reservation System (RESPAK), Credit Card POS.
- Assist guests at the Business Centre with internet connection, secretarial services, handling international & local faxes, printing, photocopying, scanning and other business services.
- Completes the beginning and ending shift duties that include turnover shift report, outstanding jobs report and any other daily, weekly and monthly reports required by senior management.
In return we'll give you the room to be yourself.
At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a 5* hotel or from a reputed Call Center company.
- Excellent English communication skills (talking, listening, writing).
- Arabic speaker is an advantage
- Multi-tasking ability
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Good understanding of hotel operations
Job: Business Centre
Requisition ID: DOH002413