IHG Director Of Sales - Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park in Doha, Qatar
Do you see yourself as an Director of Sales ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into gardening, swimming or karate, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Crowne Plaza® Doha – The Business Park is 378 stylish rooms and suites, with six restaurants and bars: Aramede - an Arabic - Mediterranean all day dining theatre, Rodizio - fine Churrascaria dining, Misturado - a Brazilian bar, Savor - an elegant lounge, Liquidity - a lively rooftop pool bar and relax in privacy at the Executive Lounge .the five star business hotel in Qatar places you in the heart of one of Doha's key business districts, close to major banks and firms. It is just a 15-minute drive by car or complimentary shuttle from Doha's Hamad International Airport.
From a 24-hour Business Center to a Spa and Fitness Center, our flexible amenities and free internet are designed to keep you feeling creative and energized. Just around the corner is the Corniche, great for evening or morning walks, and for more cultural experience, visit the renowned Souq Waqif or The Museum of Islamic Art. For a long term stay at Crowne Plaza® Doha - The Business Park , we also have well appointed residences featuring one or two bedroom apartment style suites, with the convenience and service of a five star hotel.
MULTI PROPERTY ROLE
This position will be in charge of two properties: Crowne Plaza Doha – The Business Park and Holiday Inn Doha - The Business Park. The upcoming property, Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park, is scheduled to be open in 2017, therefore all pre-opening Sales & Marketing activities for this hotel will be responsibility of this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Produces the Annual Revenue Plan in conjunction with DOSM, Sales and Marketing Budgets and forecasts
• Produces, implements and monitors action plans to ensure Revenue Plan objectives are achieved
• Analyses current and potential markets/trends, coordinates all activities to maintain and increase revenue through added business volume and increased rate
• Procures new and repeat business for the hotel by monitoring contact with airlines, travel agencies, commercial houses, private clubs and professional associations within local, domestic UK and international markets. Maintains contact with planners, corporate accounts, incentive buyers, airlines and wholesalers, through personal sales calls, telephone contacts and written communications
• Creates and implements special programmes to achieve greater productivity through:
Increasing average rate
Increasing business volume during difficult periods
Increasing local food and beverage banqueting sales
• Manages key accounts
• Oversees the selling and servicing of group business
• Co-ordinates the development of all promotional material
• Provides direction on and conducts market research
• Monitors competitor activities
• Maintains close liaison with Regional/ Corporate Sales teams and those of other IHG hotels to ensure the hotel receives proper corporate consideration, direction and support
• Ensures the hotel is represented as an active member of the local community through association membership
• Coordinates sales and promotes business for other InterContinental Hotels within the region. Interacts with worldwide regional sales offices with particular attention to local office
• Plans and executes sales trips to major market areas
• Attends major travel functions to promote sales for the hotel
• Directs all sales activities for Sales Managers to ensure they meet the goals of the Revenue Plan
• Conducts weekly reviews of sales personnel activity to ensure targets and sales objectives are being met
• Produces monthly Sales reports and forecasts
• Meets with guests from major producers/organizers of big events staying in the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction
• Establishes and continuously updates mailing lists
• Organizes and attends major sales/PR related functions within the hotel
• Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
• Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
· Good writing skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or related field.
· 4 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying, lifting pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and life insurance support. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Job: Sales & Business Development
Requisition ID: DOH002464