IHG Club Lounge Receptionist - InterContinental Doha in Doha, Qatar
Do you see yourself as a Club Lounge Receptionist ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
InterContinental Doha is the authentic urban resort and business hotel in Doha, Qatar. We have 370 guestrooms and eight high quality restaurants and bars serving International cuisine, the longest private 500 meter Arabian Gulf Beach in Doha, an impressive grand ballroom that accommodates up to 800 guests, five flexible function rooms that can host business meetings and social gatherings, outstanding high-tech recreational facilities.
We are looking for charming, confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people who do all they can to exceed guest expectations. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
As a Club Lounge Receptionist , you will be under the general guidance and supervision of the Club Intercontinental Manager or delegate and within the limits of established IHC policies and procedures, responsible for maintaining adequate and smooth operations in the Club Floor.
Your main responsibilities include:
· Greet & welcome all guests at all times in a friendly & helpful manner using the guest's name at every opportunity.
· Personalized service is of utmost importance.
· Be fully aware of arrivals at Club IHC Floor: regular, Club Floors, ICA, and VIP guests.
· Read communication logbooks and notice board in the beginning of each shift.
· Answer the telephone promptly using your name and department in a polite and courteous manner.
· Maintain a proper coordination with manager in regards with the breakfast setup, afternoon tea set up & happy hour set up.
· Maintain the high standards of InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in F&B service to club lounge guests.
· Ensure the buffet is well stocked at all times
· Ensure sufficient stock of crockery, cutlery, and china, dry & wet goods at all times
· Ensure sufficient stock of tea, coffee, hot & soft drinks are available at all times in the pantry.
· Ensure appropriate manner of handling equipments and furniture in the club lounge such as television sets, computers, library, kitchen machinery at all times.
· Ensure lounge / pantry is maintained in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
· Coordinate with the Club InterContinental Manager in maintaining the high standards of services in terms of food & beverages during the happy hour.
· Ensure that all executive floor guests are treated as top VIP's at all times.
· Able to do room warm up for Club guests prior to guest's arrival, following housekeeping standards.
· Request & deliver VIP amenities to pre-assigned VIP rooms as directed by Guest Relations Manager, Club Floor Manager or delegate.
· Withdraw and return to stores all amenities that are not used.
· Prepare & replenish fruit baskets and bar setups on regular basis.
· Plan & prepare fruit baskets for unexpected arrivals.
· Maintain and update all requisitions for statistical purposes.
· Ensure that work area and equipments meet health & safety regulations at all times.
· Maintain a proper control about the visitors and to ensure that no internal customers are allowed to use the club lounge facilities unless appropriate authority has been obtained.
· Coordinate with House Keeping department in terms of cleaning bathrooms, changing linen, shampooing the carpet, changing flowers etc.
· Perform related duties as special projects as assigned.
· Report guest complaints to direct supervisor.
In return we'll give you a generous tax-free financial and benefits package including uniform, free meals, free accommodation, staff recreational facilities, free internet service, free transportation, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
· Minimum 1 year experience in a 4* or 5* Hotel Front Office Department
- Hospitality Diploma or Degree
· Excellent customer relations, problem solving and time management skills
· Working knowledge of hotel property management systems such as Opera, etc.
· Understanding of point of sales systems such as Micros
· Excellent communication skills
· Arabic speaking an advantage, but not a must
- Presentable, well groomed, good physical appearance
Job: Club Lounge
Requisition ID: DOH002543