IHG Project Manager - Capital Planning in Denham, United Kingdom
Project Manager - Capital Planning
Based in Denham, Buckinghamshire Corporate Head Office (UB9 5HR)
An exciting, yet challenging new opportunity has arisen for a talented, experienced and forward-thinking Capital Planning Manager to join our well established Estate Transformation team.
If you are a Project Manager/Cost Manager who enjoys conforming to shifting priorities, evolving demands and changing timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities then this could be the role for you!
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of nine brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. Our purpose is to create Great Hotels Guests Love® through providing True Hospitality for everyone.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our People and founded on strong values.
These values are our Winning Ways and they set us apart from competitors:
• Do the right thing
• Show we care
• Aim higher
• Celebrate difference
• Work better together
IHG have been certified as a Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employers Institute and we’re not far from Central London, with our Corporate Head Office based in Denham, Buckinghamshire which is a 20 - 35 mins (approx.) train journey from London Marylebone to Denham station!
The role of Manager within IHG’s Estate Transformation team is to assist in the development, planning, execution of Property Investment Plans (PIPs) / Capital projects to an agreed scope, programme and budget in IHG’s Owned, Leased and Company Managed Hotels (CMH) throughout Europe.
This includes engaging resources (both internal as well as external) and coordinating the efforts of all relevant team members and third-party contractors / consultants to deliver capital projects as planned. Along with the Head of Estate Transformation you will define the project’s objectives and oversee process and control from inception to completion.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Manage the production of 5-year Capital Plans for IHG’s managed estate, working with the owners and IHG's relevant heads of Operations.
• Manage the production of 5-year Asset Plans for the owned and leased estate and lead the teams to implement said plans.
• As an integral part of the 5-year Capital Plans and Asset Plans, manage the development of the Property Improvement Plan (PIP) ensuring all IHG Brand, quality, property & brand safety standards / requirements are accommodated.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals, in collaboration with all stakeholders, for inclusion in the PIP.
• Support the development of detailed cost plans for all agreed PIP scope.
• Support the development of full-scale detailed PIP implementation programmes.
• Ensure PIP approval is made for individual projects in respect of IHG’s Capital Consent Authorisation (CCA) and Delegation of Authority (DOA) processes.
• Review all 5-year Capital Plans and Asset Plans, PIPs, Property Reports (PRs), Property Audits and other similar documents.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 7 years’ direct work experience in a project and cost management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, preferably in the hospitality sector. You will have previously worked within an international/global organization, preferably in a service branded environment and have a strong understanding of the various European business environments and countries of operation.
Finally, you will have a University degree or college diploma in the fields of Architecture, Engineering, Procurement or Project / Cost Management and preferably membership status of professional body (e.g. RICS / RIBA / CIBSE / APM)
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 20 – 35 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
Job: Design & Engineering
Requisition ID: R131935