IHG Internal Communications Manager in Denham, United Kingdom
Internal Communications Manager
Based in Denham, Buckinghamshire Corporate Head Office (UB9 5HR) – 20 minutes by train from London Marylebone.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Internal Communications Manager, to join one of the biggest hotel companies in the world. We’re looking for someone to help inspire our colleagues to come with us on a journey. Someone who loves to tell creative and engaging stories, and convey information in a way that inspires audiences and delivers real positive change for the business.
In this role, you’ll partner with the Operations function and act as a trusted partner and be responsible for hotel facing communications.
Our mission is simple; we create great hotels guests love, by delivering true hospitality for everyone.
The InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG) is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, IHG’s employer brand is brought to life through offering employees the ‘Room to be involved’.
We’ve been certified as a Top Employer 2017 in the UK by the Top Employers Institute and we were rated 1st in the hospitality sector for Britain’s Most Admired Companies, 2016. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company.
The overall responsibility of the Internal & Owner Communications team is to oversee communications activity to our corporate colleagues, hotels, hotel General Managers and Owner community across Europe.
This role, looking after Hotels and Operations, is vital to ensuring the Europe region can win by providing our hotel teams with the information and insight they need to drive hotel performance and regional alignment in a relevant and engaging way.
• Act as the strategic communications business partner to the regional operations planning and performance teams.
• Develop and deliver communications campaigns to support operational initiatives and business priorities.
• Refine standards, protocols and best practice for communicating with our hotel teams.
• Ensure a comprehensive support system and regional hotel communication plan/calendar
• Liaise across corporate functions to ensure communications requirements of the Hotel Ready process is successful and delivered to an industry leading standard.
• The role will also identify success stories and hotel news, working with their IHG Communications Team colleagues to share these across the business, building pride and recognition for our hotel and operational teams.
• At least 5 years’ experience in internal communications, preferably in an international business
• Ability to deal with all levels of the organisation effectively and build strong relationships – proven senior stakeholder management
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
• Experience of working in a franchised/complex business environment would be an advantage
• Experience of agency management
• Knowledge and understanding of video production is desirable
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 20 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
If you’re looking for your next challenging opportunity and want to join a global, fast paced environment make your application today!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job.
Requisition ID: R130757