IHG Corporate Counsel in Denham, United Kingdom
Based in Denham, Buckinghamshire Corporate Head Office (UB9 5HR)
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Counsel to join our Corporate Legal & Secretariat Team.
In this role, you will work closely with the team to support the SVP, Deputy Company Secretary and Head of Corporate Legal in the provision and development of an excellent professional Corporate Legal and Secretariat service and Regulatory Compliance programme to the Group.
You will provide professional expertise and input on a wide range of legal matters and corporate and secretarial work and act as Legal Counsel to all Group companies. You will provide advice on matters of company law, governance and the regulatory environment, drafting, advising on and negotiating, commercial contracts and corporate transactions.
• Leading and project managing key corporate transactions, including managing internal stakeholders and external advisers
• Drafting, reviewing, advising on and negotiating a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions and commercial contracts
• Advising on a wide range of legal issues, including company laws, stock exchange regulations, employee relations and general corporate legal advice
• Advising on a wide range of regulatory issues including data security, privacy and competition / anti-trust areas
• Advising and providing general legal support to Group functions as and when required
• Managing legal disputes and/or litigation if required
• Preparing and providing training to the business on legal and regulatory matters
• Preparing routine Board and Committee papers and regular reports to the Board and Committees
• Taking responsibility for and assisting, as appropriate, in keeping abreast of all developments and legislation on relevant legal and regulatory matters and keeping the business informed of such developments
We’re looking for a qualified solicitor, or equivalent, with at least 3 years’ post qualification experience working with company law within a UK FTSE environment. You will be familiar with company secretarial work through your experience gained either in private practice or working in a UK listed PLC.
In addition, you will have a good understanding of UK Corporate Governance and LSE rules and have awareness of competition, privacy and technology issues.
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express® and Crowne Plaza®. Our purpose is to create Great Hotels Guests Love® through providing True Hospitality for everyone.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our People and founded on strong values.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
IHG has been certified as a Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employers Institute. Our global corporate head office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approximately 25 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
IHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Legal & General Counsel
Requisition ID: R125877