IHG Line Cook III (Full-Time) Michael Jordan's Steak House - InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile in Chicago, Illinois
THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO'S MAGNIFICENT MILE InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue's architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago's incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
The Career Opportunity: Line Cook III
- Promote a positive image by displaying impeccable manners, diplomacy and tact towards employees
- Prepares meals in accordance with the portion and quality standards specified in recipes or as otherwise designated by servers within policy; controls food usage to minimize waste
- Advises manager of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required
- Maintains a clean, neat and well-organized work area at all hours, in accordance with the hotel standards
- Complies with hotels' health, safety, and hygiene regulations.
- Complies with basic food handling course annually as per city standards
- Knowledge of all vegetables in the raw state through preparation, with the ability to determine the appropriate cooking times though visual observation
- Safe and proper care, preparation, storage and rotation of food items
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary holding temperatures and procedures
- Assists in other areas of the kitchen as needed
- Maintain constant flow of communication with and to the team
- Communicates to his/her manager any difficulties, guest comment and other relevant information
- Performs duties noted on the daily tasks & cleaning schedule
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
- Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent vocational training
- 1-2 Years previous Fine Dining experience in a similar establishment
- Food Hygiene awareness
- The Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and effectively communicate with managers and co-workers
- Ability to work in a clean, organized manner with attention to detail and produce food items efficiently
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to provide legible communication
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, organize, work delegated and follow through
- Ability to be a clear thinker remains calm and resolves problems using sound judgment
- Ability to work under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests and fellow workers
- Ability to aid in the transportation of all work equipment and produce pertinent
- Ability to work an 8-hr shift in all types of conditions pertinent to the job
- Ability to work with all products and equipment prescribed
- Ability to plan and aid in the execution of promotions
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to be able to work with alcohol
- Ability to work in a clean, organized manner with attention to detail and produce food items
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
What Do You Get?
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Do you see yourself as a Line Cook III? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R129291