IHG Housekeeping Linen Runner - InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile in Chicago, Illinois
THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO'S MAGNIFICENT MILE InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue's architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago's incomparable museums, stores, theaters and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
The Career Opportunity: Housekeeping Linen Runner
- Checkthe working condition and cleanliness of machinery and equipment.
- Relieves other department staff on meal breaks (asrequired).
- Separatesoiled bed linen/terry/food & beverage table linens. Record number of pieces of each item or weighand record bins.
- Maintaincleanliness and organization of work area at all times.
- Removeall debris on floors after each sorting. Tidy, sweep and mop laundry room.
- Transporttrash containers to dumpster, empty and clean according to standards. Adhere to recycling procedures.
- Cleanwork areas/equipment according to departmental standards.
- Usedesignated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean laundry floor.
- Verifywith Laundry Contractor bins going out, and being returned. Both parties to initial delivery record(note: see delivery record for truck arrival times).
- Assistsin the Valet area in slow moments or as required. Performs the duties of theValet Attendant during his/her absence.
- Reportfaulty equipment, maintenance needs and safety hazards and problems to Manager.
- Compileswith Hotel s health, sanitation, safety and hygiene policy and adheres toconduct personal grooming and hygiene standards.
- Attendsmeetings and training sessions as required.
- Assistsin inventory taking.
- At IHG we arecommitted to providing our employees with a safe, secure and healthyworkplace. It is your responsibility tocomply with all workplace health and safety requirements, including anydepartment specific training regarding equipment and procedures.
- Performother duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer candidates with Housekeeping Linen Runner experience. Good English, reading and communication skills required. Must be able to handle required physical labor abilities as detailed below. Required to work a rotating shift, including weekends and/or holidays.
This job requires ability to perform the following :
- It is a requirement of this position that you can move heavy items. You must be physically able to move items weighing at least 25 lbs
- It is a requirement of this position that you are physically able to handle standing up and moving about the facility over an eight hour period
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently walking, bending, stooping and kneeling
- Basic English communication skills
- Basic English reading and writing skills
- Must be able to maintain a highly positive and friendly professional image, that will reflect well on hotel's overall appearance
- Must be able to adhere to dress code standards
- Must be able to adhere to and maintain confidentiality of all guest and hotel information
- Must be able to adhere to the safety procedures required for role
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
What Do You Get?
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Do you see yourself as a Housekeeping linen Runner? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R129213