IHG Junior Income Auditor/Jr Accountant - Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport in Brussels, Belgium
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognised for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
• Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
• Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
• Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
• A valuable member of the Finance team by assisting with the processing of invoices and
• statements. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• To balance and audit all Front office postings and settlements.
• To verify that all departments have posted all their revenues.
• To verify, monitor and review all hotel reports and night audit reports.
• To be responsible for month-end deadlines and schedules.
• To reply to the Credit Card Charge Backs and response to all credit card inquiries.
• To reconcile Credit Card commissions on a daily basis.
• To reconcile the food and beverage point of sale system, for each outlet, to the PMS system and where necessary, record and adjust entries.
• To monitor front office rebates. Review and balance rebates, paid outs, miscellaneous charges and staff charges to the property management system and ensure that each account is properly authorized and has relevant explanations.
• To review F&B voids to verify authorization and adequate back-up information.
• To prepare “Daily Operational Package” that is routed to GM, Controller, F&B Director, & Revenue Director.
• Daily cash reports from operations (open and count cash envelopes)
• To follow-up and report any notes raised by any signatories.
• Perform surprise float counts.
• To report any problems or discrepancies to the Audit Supervisor/Accountant on a daily basis.
• To replace Audit Supervisor in his/her absence.
• To complete various other accounting tasks and duties as required by accounting management
Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
Comply with Company Grooming Standards
Comply with Time and Attendance Policies
Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
Being attentive to Guests
Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests
Anticipate Guests needs
Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude
Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
• Previous experience is an asset
• Accounting designation or enrolment in a recognized accounting program an asset
• Previous hotel accounting experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with financial system and Microsoft office, computer literate in Opera, PMS, reporting system and excel
• Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
• Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours
• Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
• Knowledge of People Soft
Reports to the (Assistant) Financial Controller
Job: Finance & Business Support
Requisition ID: BRU000062