IHG Front Desk Agent - InterContinental Boston in Boston, Massachusetts
Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Agent ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This position will check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; and process all payments according to established procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt andprofessional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide informationon hotel services and room location. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotelrevenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit cardtransactions in accordance with established procedures including but notlimited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparingdeposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-depositboxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests orissues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures inorder to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations forindividuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within thehotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Promote team work and quality service through dailycommunications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guestroom tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
InterContinental Boston is a landmark of luxury overlooking Boston's historic waterfront, named one of the Best Hotels in the World' by Conde Nast Traveler magazine. Featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. All of these features paired with our impeccable service has made InterContinental Boston the city's most captivating Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience.
Requirements include holding a High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Some college is preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Requisition ID: R128525