IHG Summer Intern - GRS Sales Delivery in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Summer Intern – GRS Sales Delivery?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping, or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
This exciting role will perform a variety of duties for managers and/or department of an assigned business unit. Coordinate special projects for the assigned department to support business operations. Serve as a resource for the assigned department or unit, answering questions and providing general program information or follow up as needed. Maintain departmental paperwork, files, logs and reports, and assist in creating or researching pertinent information for the manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
Note: No attempt is made to be all-inclusive. Although incumbents may not perform all duties, those listed represent the nature, level, and difficulty of responsibilities common to positions in this job.
• Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned special projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps and status updates; follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines
• Research and compile a variety of moderately complex data to include creating spreadsheets or databases for maintaining and reporting management information; may require some analysis of data
• Prepare a variety of departmental reports and/or presentations, gathering and summarizing information from various sources as requested; may create and format reports and presentation materials utilizing various spreadsheet graphics, and/or statistical software as needed
• Monitor and report variances to departmental budgets or track departmental spend information to help maintain operating controls
• Answer inquiries related to daily activities/programs of work area, and act as a liaison between assigned work area and internal or external contacts to convey appropriate information
• Respond to and/or resolve internal/external inquiries regarding problems or complaints as needed
• Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions; or referring customers to appropriate contacts within the unit, department or division
• Compose and prepare clear and concise correspondence as requested or required
• Review documents, logs, reports or other work products for typographical accuracy and format
• Perform administrative support duties as assigned to facilitate the smooth operation of the assigned work area
• Prepare reports, charts, presentation data, or logs as required and according to established specifications
Undergraduate or graduate student who is obtaining or has obtained a degree from a credited school.
Experience – Varies
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
• Demonstrated strong PC skills including proficiency in a variety of software packages (i.e. Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills for the purpose of conveying information to internal and external customers, or providing information via written reports or correspondence
• Demonstrated ability to analyze basic database information for the purpose of accurately tracking or maintaining data and reporting trends or inconsistencies
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and projects accurately and with attention to detail
• Demonstrated follow-through and ability to complete multiple ongoing projects on time and within specified budget
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail in order to maintain accuracy of reporting data
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills for the purpose of maintaining the daily flow of office work, answering questions, and resolving issues
• Demonstrated math skills for the purpose of checking figures for accuracy
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Female / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R130621