IHG Server Bar - Crowne Plaza Atlanta at Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Bar Server for our Crowne Plaza at Ravinia property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or onliine games, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will provide fast and courteous beverage service to guests and ensure quality presentation per established standards. May also provide service of food from the restaurant and/or assist the Bartender with set-up and maintenance of appetizers or “happy hour” buffet.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
• Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
• Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
• Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Record order on guest check and ring up on pre-check register or according to hotel procedures. Complete customer payment transactions according to cash and charge procedures.
• Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate with Bartender and kitchen for ordering and receipt of food and beverages.
• Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
• Monitor guest behavior and amount of alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
• Serve cocktails and/or menu items to bar guests; up-sell when taking orders.
• Perform pre- and post-shift side-work. Stock service station. Fold and stack cocktail napkins and prepare bowls of bar snacks.
• Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down stools, tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary. Empty trash and ashtrays.
• Assist Bartender in preparation of fruits and garnishes; may assist Bartender in setup and replenishment of appetizers or “happy hour” buffet, if applicable.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments preferred. Must meet state legal age requirements. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
• Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc)
• Moving about the lounge and kitchen
• Bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, bartender, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
• Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190282ATLCP1